Thread: 6l80 shift firming help please

Potential Tuner

6l80 shift firming help please

just got the transmission rebuilt with most of the sonnex upgrade parts after a tuner blew my shit up so any help would be greatly appreciated.... firming up shifts and increasing lockup
    Attached Files Attached Files

What do you mean by increasing lockup?

You want it to happen sooner or at different speeds???

I prefer to not have the converter locked until 40-45mph for 5th gear and around 50mph for 6th gear.

I want you to follow me here, I am trying to help you out with the shifting. I can not save your tune on my computer because it would cost me money. So I took your tune and I copied your transmission file into a tune that I do own for a 2010 Silverado with a 6L80e.

From there I used the compare feature to copy your transmission tune into my tune. I made changes to the transmission file and save it. You can scroll through the transmission tables to see what I changed compared to yours using the compare feature.

In the file posted below I want you open that with the compare feature to your file. I want you to click the compare feature again and go down to view comparison log. Click collapse all boxes and right click the transmission icon. Then click copy over all differences.

As you will see the main changes are with shift pressure, adaptives and shift timing. As well I put your shift torque factor back closer to stock. These changes should really help with the way it shifts.

Please note that anytime you change the pressure adaptive settings you MUST reset them with the VCM scanner after flashing the file and prior to starting the truck, otherwise the changes won't take. In the scanner you go to the special functions icon while connected to the truck, find the transmission section and click reset then preset on the adapts.
    Attached Files Attached Files
    2016 Silverado CCSB 5.3/6L80e, not as slow but still heavy.

If you don't post your tune and logs when you have questions you aren't helping yourself.

Potential Tuner
    increase line pressure is what I was trying to say sorry ……. I just found out that the tuner that did my wifes truck didn't even realize it had a miss on cylinder 3 so im sure everything he did is trash since it wasn't even running on all cylinders....just trying to learn all these things so all help is greatly appreciated

will this tune help with the light part throttle shift flare,, my 2011 has a 3-4 light throttle shift flare

Give it a whirl. Nothing I did in that tune should harm anything. Make the changes and drive it for a bit, see what happens.

If you don't post your tune and logs when you have questions you aren't helping yourself.

Is this a beta version, I get an error that I don't have the latest version ,I just updated

Yeah it's the beta.

Potential Tuner
    I installed a cam and didn?t have the TCM tuned cam I use this tune as well

Quote Originally Posted by 5FDP View Post
    Yeah it's the beta.
    I wish I understood how changing the adaptive for the trans helps. Instead of removing Torque Mani I'm guessing you like to change the adaptive so the trans is not compensating as much which guessing would in turn mask some of the changes a guy would make anyways ?

Potential Tuner
    Quote Originally Posted by 5FDP View Post
    What do you mean by increasing lockup?

You want it to happen sooner or at different speeds???

I prefer to not have the converter locked until 40-45mph for 5th gear and around 50mph for 6th gear.

I want you to follow me here, I am trying to help you out with the shifting. I can not save your tune on my computer because it would cost me money. So I took your tune and I copied your transmission file into a tune that I do own for a 2010 Silverado with a 6L80e.

From there I used the compare feature to copy your transmission tune into my tune. I made changes to the transmission file and save it. You can scroll through the transmission tables to see what I changed compared to yours using the compare feature.

In the file posted below I want you open that with the compare feature to your file. I want you to click the compare feature again and go down to view comparison log. Click collapse all boxes and right click the transmission icon. Then click copy over all differences.

As you will see the main changes are with shift pressure, adaptives and shift timing. As well I put your shift torque factor back closer to stock. These changes should really help with the way it shifts.

Please note that anytime you change the pressure adaptive settings you MUST reset them with the VCM scanner after flashing the file and prior to starting the truck, otherwise the changes won't take. In the scanner you go to the special functions icon while connected to the truck, find the transmission section and click reset then preset on the adapts.
    5FDP, this is an excellent post. May I ask (not to hijack this thread), why did you leave the TCC locking in 3-6 gears? Most of the stuff I have seen (on Youtube), recommends disabling TCC lockup in 1-3 or 1-4. And, in Pattern B (what is Pattern B?), you just disabled 1st gear. I am just trying to learn your angle/method here. Extreme newbie. Thx

I do disable it for gears 1-4, it's just probably not in that specific tune file. I likely have too many tune files floating around the forum and they aren't all the exact same.