I?ve been using VCM scanner for 1.5 decades or so now for both tuning and professional driveability analysis on both stock and modified vehicles with a variety of complaints. The data logging and plotting capabilities this tool presents is superior to any of the professional tools available to a modern auto repair center today AFAIK.

Some of the items I would love to see would be the ability to pre-scan the vehicle and collect the important OBDII metrics such as:

DTC?s, pending, etc.
Freeze Frames / Failure Records
Mode$06
Mode$09
IUPT
The fuel mass vehicle efficiency data mandated on 2018+ MY vehicles.

I?ve used the VCM scanner in a number of classes I?ve presented and articles written for the professional service market and believe that driveability technicians can really benefit from the capabilities this tool offers and would love to see it?s use expanded in this market.

Lastly, I use a lot of the latest tools (both OEM & Pro Aftermarket) and oftentimes when I go into use the Scantool to display graph data I am often very frustrated because I cannot display the data similarly to what HPT offers and it simply blows me away that the folks developing these tools aren?t seeing it.

Just this week I fixed a Subaru that had a MAF sensor which was under reporting at higher air flows. This was looked at by one of our other techs who wasn?t able to see a problem. HPT made it pretty easy for me to log and report my findings before and after repair.

Thanks for listening,