Thread: Stattama turbo maf tuning

Potential Tuner

Stattama turbo maf tuning

i was wondering if someone could take a look at my log and tune and see if im on the right track. i been open loop tuning the maf sensor. i installed a mini afc since i was getting close to maxing out maf frequency
    Attached Files Attached Files

I sorta think that fueling is going too rich too soon and that your timing is dropping off to quickly. Obviously wide open throttle is only going to use the .92 cylinder airmass part of the timing table. I think you could get away with 17-20 degrees all the way until .80 cylinder airmass because you are hardly into boost or maybe even not at all. More timing on less boost is going to make more power than 10 degrees of timing on 0-2 psi.

The fueling part is that as soon as you hit PE it's going straight to 11.0 commanded. It doesn't matter what rpm you are at or even how much boost. It's going to dump all the fuel you are asking for. That can rob power from being too rich. I would try to use the PE settings to your advantage here. Set the base AFR to 12.0 and use the rpm adder table to add in fuel as the rpm rises. It would be better if you could use MAP kpa but that doesn't really work on this platform. It takes a little rpm for boost to rise so if more fuel was brought in around 3500 and the 11.0 by 4,000+ rpm, that would be more ideal if you ask me.

You can even set the PE to use cylinder airmass value to help enable PE. It should allow you to set the TPS lower to 30% and raise the cylinder airmass to .80 to .90 to help enable. I say this because there are times in your log where it's already at 2-3psi but still asking for 14.7 afr because the TPS value isn't there yet.
    2016 Silverado CCSB 5.3/6L80e, not as slow but still heavy.

If you don't post your tune and logs when you have questions you aren't helping yourself.