Thread: Shift To Park Then Shift to desired gear

Potential Tuner

Shift To Park Then Shift to desired gear

Every now and then when tuning 15 and newer mopar with an aggressive camshaft, I get an error message that says, shift to park, then shift to desired gear. The car then will go into neutral, until it is shifted to park. This can happen if doing erratic driving at Low MPH. Burnouts, quick throttle input, etc.

What causes this? I feel like there is a max torque limit in the ECM or TCM that I am overlooking.

Senior Tuner
    I've seen this happen when RPM falls below a certain number. I don't know exactly how low causes it but its maybe 500 or less. I never see them do this after I get them dialed in where RPM isn't dropping really low

Tuner in Training
    Now that its gotten warmer my 426 cammed scat started doing this "shift to park, then shift to desired gear" and/or stalling when coming to a stop. Will try raising the rolling idle and torque friction tables. Any other suggestions?

Tuner in Training
    No, it doesn't like slowly idle down to i.e. 500; rpm's just continue to drop when rolling into a stop, although commanded is over 800. The link to log below shows it died at 5:15:08 time mark when car was still in motion, prior to completing stop. I had to shift to park, crank engine, then back into drive. Tune file is also in link. Thanks in advance for any tips.

https://www.dropbox.com/sh/7se60mwbz...FF6J0I1Ca?dl=0