Thread: Injector flow/pw setting

Injector flow/pw setting

Can someone explain how to set my pulse width or calculate where i should be for my particular injectors? This area is a bit confusing to me.
    2004.5 Cummins.
    Borgwarner 13009097047 s300sxe 63-73 compressor 63/80 super core turbine housing 80mm .83 A/R Twin Scroll Housing,
    50HP BMS/Exergy Injectors
    BD T4 manifold,
    BD CAI,
    5" turbo back exhaust,
    turbosmart ext wastegate,
    BD lift pump with 2 mic filter and h2o separator,
    banks intercooler, Banks intake horn,
    slightly built tranny.......

Banned
    Honestly the best thing would be to have them sent in to S&S or exergy for full injector mapping, that will get you the exact numbers you need within a couple percent. Or, take your injector flow rate, whatever it is, say 35 percent at 100mPa, manufacturers specify this in the overview of your injectors and reduce your 100mPa cells by 35 percent, do some blending below the 100mPa cells with less change as you go lower in quantity and above 100mPa it will be less than stock but still follow that kind of exponential curve that the duration does as pressure and quantity rises. That?ll kinda get you close, kinda, to stock fueling levels. In your lower fuel quantity it won?t be vastly different from stock.

Banned
    With the troubles you are having with smoke, I would do two things, have the injectors sent in for full mapping and buy a wideband O2 sensor and gauge kit from innovate motorsports

I agree, I think your injectors are to blame for most of your issues. Either they are the wrong spray angle or just garbage.
    That being said, I have never looked at a flow sheet from a set of injectors and based a tune off of that. Lower pulse and pressure most really big injectors act very similar to stock. It's only once big pressure comes in that they start to flow exponentially more.

Thanks all