Thread: commanding pig rich under pe

Tuner

commanding pig rich under pe

99 4.8. manual trans.
    i am using rtt sd, i tried going back to stock os but still present.
    stock 4.8 with summit Stage 3 Pro LS Truck Swap Cam, 222/231 112+5, .545/.545 Lift
    ve is pretty smooth. pe is flatlined at 1.175
    cot is zeroed.

what am i missing?

can i log anything else that will maybe show this?

in the log when commanded a low 10 afr my wideband doesnt show it in the log. but on the wideband it shows it actually going rich, slow computer?
    this thing is copyright 2009.
    Attached Files Attached Files

Senior Tuner SultanHassanMasTuning's Avatar
    look at your OPEN LOOP table/COT table
    Follow @MASTUNING visit www.mastuned.com
    Remote Tuning [email protected]
    Contact/Whatsapp +966555366161

Tuner
    both are at 1.00

Senior Tuner SultanHassanMasTuning's Avatar
    component protection set 1

looking at your log even on WOT your injector PW should be the same yet there is a huge variance between both banks
    Last edited by SultanHassanMasTuning; 08-25-2020 at 07:32 AM.
    Follow @MASTUNING visit www.mastuned.com
    Remote Tuning [email protected]
    Contact/Whatsapp +966555366161

Tuner
    i will try that but it doesnt see over 190. so shouldnt be using that table.
    any idea what would cause that ? it doesnt appear to show in the fuel trims bank to bank

Tuner
    any idea why one bank would tank and other would stay consistent?
    reflashed for open loop and zeroed overtemp. right bank b2 still tanks but my wideband is in b1.
    here is log from going open loop and zeroing overtemp.
    i did notice the coolant drops off, but not as same time as commanding rich.

Senior Tuner
    Don't get off in the weeds of this bank to bank issue, its just channel polling speed differences. Try to keep it under 30 channels, more than that and it starts sharing polling speed. Easy to see when you export the log to a non interpolated .CSV file, I've highlighted the two injector banks pulse width.

Bank to Bank chart.PNG

Bank1 vs bank2.PNG

Have you created a math to determine error between your wideband and commanded EQ and applied that to your VE table to see if it goes away?
    What fuel injectors do you have?

Wide band on the EGR channel? what wideband? It was polling slow and is virtually useless with the extra channels.
    Last edited by murfie; 08-26-2020 at 12:36 AM.

Tuner
    yes the math parameter is there. ve table is pretty smooth. and stft and ltft are around 5% or less when in closed loop.
    i will try logging less. and see if the wideband data shows better on the scanner. but on the gauge itself is consistent with what its commanding. its just coming in the scanner slow.
    the problem is i cant find any other table that would change the commanded eq down that low. in pe at one point it commanded a 8.9 afr. at 3:16 into the log
    stock fuel injectors.
    Last edited by shtboxyj; 08-26-2020 at 06:53 AM.

Tuner in Training JoshuaGrooms83's Avatar
    i cant see your file currently, but where is it exactly going rich in your tune in the VE? such as TPS, RPM, KPA, and AFR intersecting on your histographs?
    and you point is?

Looks like you are tuning in SD. Your VE table is doing all of the fueling. There is a pretty big hump in the table, so that is what is probably adding all the fuel. The commanded fueling is just a reference. You have to make the ve table match the commanded, not the other way around.
    2000 Camaro SS 2015 L83 port injected, Whipple 3.0, 4L80E, 8.8 Ford
    2013 Silverado 5.3, 6L80k 8.8

Tuner
    the problem is it is not consistent. i can roll into full throttle and run it out to 6800 no problem(sometimes). and other times i stab it and jumps to 10 afr and bucks cause its choking on fuel. these are same log at different times.
    Attached Images Attached Images

Senior Tuner
    Try setting your OL EQ table like in this picture. If you no longer see it go rich, check your ECT temp sensor, it seems to be intermittently going to very cold temps. Zero out the ECT adder for PE also.

OL EQ table adjustment.PNG
    Last edited by murfie; 08-27-2020 at 01:42 AM.

Tuner
    just saw this but im am currently looking into the coolant temp. i did another log with way less channels. and exactly when the when rich occurs coolant temp is tanking consistently with the problem. i did a wiggle test on the harness but couldnt even get a small glitch with a wiggle test.
    the other sensors seem to be stable in this log. it ppears to be only coolant temp is dropping out.
    any other thoughts to check?
    harness is clear of everthing and doesnt appear to have rubbing issue.
    another bad 5v sensor pulling it down? but i would think it would show bad data elsewhere if pulling 5v to ground.

Tuner
    confirmed fixed. loose ground wire.