Thread: AEM 3.5 bar

Tuner in Training

AEM 3.5 bar

Is it possible to wire in an AEM 3.5 bar (30-2130-50) in place of the factory MAP? I dont need the full scale yet but would like it for future growth if needed but also would like having an npt fitting for my manifold. I figure I can use the 3 bar OS and scale the sensor and just not use the top end of it.

Tuner in Training
    Well I installed the AEM. It works and I was able to get the T/A to fire up but Im pretty sure I have a scaling issue. SO that will be the next round. Ill try to scale it and do some table work.

Tuner in Training
    So it appears that I had two issues. My scaling was off and also something happened in my tune when I converted to the 3 Bar OS. It wouldn't fail over into SD mode. So I went back to the base tune and started over. I couldn't get the car to start anytime I went to the 3 bar OS but would work fine on the base tune. So after many attempts I went back to the base tune and redid the conversion to the 3 Bar and it finally started while using the new OS. I will try to get some longer logs. I now have an issue with oil leaking through the exhaust. I believe I need a smaller oil restrictor for the oil feed line to the turbo.

Tuner in Training
    Ok so I have the new oil restrictor installed. Went with a .03" or .76mm. This seems to have helped. I haven't driven the car still trying to get the idle tune dialed in. Also the oiling issue killed the WB sensor. Going to try to clean in it and see if it will come back. This is what I have so far.2002 Pontiac Trans Am 2.0.5 3 bar (Ray).hpt2.0.5.hpl