Thread: How to flash a file from another vehicle?

Potential Tuner

How to flash a file from another vehicle?

I'm not sure exactly how the credit system for HPTuners works, but I've had an issue with credits going missing before because I did not fully follow the correct procedure when flashing an ECM. Is there a way I can read a file from a 2016 Silverado 1500, and flash it into the ECM of another 2016 Silverado 1500? I'm trying to get a file for an engine swap, and I don't want to run into a problem with losing credits.

The short answer is don't do that. Never write someone else's file into your computer because that will only cost you money. You have to license your computer first, then you have to license the other file you are talking about. If you wrote that file and something didn't match up right it could cost you the computer and you'd be out $200 in credits.

Only copy data if you need something from a different file. That is why we have the compare tool, you can view the comparison log and copy over entire sections of a tune if you needed to.
    2016 Silverado CCSB 5.3/6L80e, not as slow but still heavy.

If you don't post your tune and logs when you have questions you aren't helping yourself.