Thread: Can VVT on 2011 Cadillac SRX 3.0 be turned off?

Potential Tuner

Can VVT on 2011 Cadillac SRX 3.0 be turned off?

Hey guys, I was wondering if anyone has shut the VVT off on a 2011 SRX 3.0?
    If so what did you need to do? Thanks for any help.

Generally speaking... Unlike the DoD (Displacement on Demand), the VVT can't be Shut Off per say. But you can tune it to stop varying the cam timing by setting the cam timing to the same degrees in all areas/tables.

What the best compromise for the intake and exhaust cam timing could be I have no idea.

If Possible, can you post your tune if you have it ?

Advanced Tuner
    With all due respect, why on earth would you want to "shut the VVT off" on this engine? VVT allows these small displacement V6s to have reasonable torque at lower RPM and good horsepower at high RPM?

In any event, if you want to prevent the cams from phasing away from their mechanical position, set all the cam phase tables to 0*.

Potential Tuner
    Quote Originally Posted by tunerpro View Post
    With all due respect, why on earth would you want to "shut the VVT off" on this engine? VVT allows these small displacement V6s to have reasonable torque at lower RPM and good horsepower at high RPM?

In any event, if you want to prevent the cams from phasing away from their mechanical position, set all the cam phase tables to 0*.
    A friend of mine wants to try playing with cam angles and try shutting it off.
    I thought I would ask here first. thanks for your answer.

Potential Tuner
    Here is factory tune.
    Attached Files Attached Files

Quote Originally Posted by HotrodZ28 View Post
    Here is factory tune.
    Thanks mate... Appreciate it.

Quote Originally Posted by HotrodZ28 View Post
    A friend of mine wants to try playing with cam angles and try shutting it off.
    I thought I would ask here first. thanks for your answer.
    Yeah, you can set all the cam timing tables anywhere from 0 to 32 degrees. But I've not seen a factory tune where it's higher than 24 or 25*... I think the VV timing has a hard physical stop that won't let you set it anywhere it could kiss the pistons, but I could be wrong. But as long as you stay withing 25* you will not have any issues.