Thread: Tune help and advice needed please

Tune help and advice needed please

Hoping someone can help me out with the problem I'm having on dialing in the VE table. Vehicle is an 06TBSS, LS3 with BTR stage 4 LS3 cam,450cc Fuel injection connection injectors,1 7/8 long tube headers , PCM 4in intake tube with a LS7 MAF. I am using an AEM 30-0300 while tuning. I have been at this for days with no end in sight.
    Now for the problem: I do a scan the AFR will show lean so I do the multiply by half, do another scan then it swings positive. Attached is my most recent tune and scan. Also could someone double check my injector data? I appreciate any help and advice. Thanks.
    TBSSVE.3.hptVETUNING.hpl

Engine > Airflow > Dynamic: high RPM disable/reenable should both be above any speed the engine will ever see, like 8000/7950.

DTCs P0101-103 should be MIL on First Error, not second error, otherwise it can make it where it won't run on the first crank attempt if the codes have been cleared since last run. It'll only start after enough key cycles for the code to be stored which fails it over into SD.

I had an issue that drove me fking crazy for a while on my '06 E40 Envoy, with similar symptoms. All the guides say that MAF Fail high/low should be set to 2hz/1hz, like yours is... that did not work for me. I had to use 0hz/0hz, or else the pasted corrections just did not make the changes they should have. This was even with the MAF DTC set, the status channel in the scanner showing 'MAF Fail', AND the MAF unplugged. As a test I zeroed out the MAF tables and - surprise! - it wouldn't run anymore. Once I changed to 0hz/0hz the world suddenly started making sense again.

I'm with you on the crazy. I'm about to pull my hair out on this dilemma. Thanks for the solution. I will try these changes this evening on my way home from work. Does my fuel injector data look ok. I just want to make sure that all of my other ducks are in a row before I try to get this thing dialed in. I've in the process of learning tuning and have heard that these E40's are a pain and I believe them after dealing with this. Thanks for the help.

E40 is easy. E92 is a pain.
    2000 Camaro SS 2015 L83 port injected, Whipple 3.0, 4L80E, 8.8 Ford
    2013 Silverado 5.3, 6L80k 8.8

Sorry, I did not look at the injector stuff.

E40s aren't weirder than any other controller, they're just different, and were only used for 2 years on relatively few platforms so the user/knowledge base is smaller. Every ECM has quirks that require workarounds and various tricks.

Yeah I just need to get more experience and reading under my belt. I've read some much info lately that I feel like its like a muddy river in my head. Seems like almost too much to take in at times. Where was this stuff when I was growing up and messing with carbs.

Thanks for the info. I Made the changes that "blindsquirrel" suggested and to my surprise and RELIEF everything started looking much better. That's one nice Goat "Lakegoat".