Thread: 65RFE Tuning odds and ends

65RFE Tuning odds and ends

Found some good reads on what to start off with tuning. Been playing with different settings to get it the way I like, and curious what a few parameters are and their uses.
    Tried google and forum searching but couldn't get defining answers. Could've swore there was a tuning "bible", that explained each parameter in detail, Could've been a GM thing though, as last time I tuned with HP was 4 years ago on my Chevy.

1 - ECM 4524, What does DYNO mode exactly do. (Ill probably answer this myself in the future as I should have some free time to experiment more thoroughly)

2 - ECM 10125-10134 Ramp Rate of Acceleration, What do these tables refer to and how are they derived per say.

3 - TCC Tuning, Mainly just needing a better explanation, since googling the definition, my interpretations is it should be locked almost all the time, But i know that is incorrect.

Thanks!
    We like the cars;
    The cars that go "vroom"

Banned
    1. Never tried myself but likely to put the engine in test mode for being on an engine dyno.

2. Shift timing if I remember correctly, turbine acceleration speed in rpm/sec, HPT tells you it?s in rpm/sec.

3. Better explanation of what? There is tons that go on TCC control. And no, shouldn?t be in lockup almost all the time.

Tuner in Training
    Desired acceleration is in rpm/sec, but ramp rate of acceleration is a (I think) 0 to 1 value. I know mine are all decimals.

At this point I'm waiting for the Dodge book to come out and hoping it explains a lot more.

Banned
    Ah yes, right, read that wrong in the original post. Just gain settings for how aggressive it is with the shifts. Don?t know why the upper allowable limit is at 1, it?s actually higher than that.

Tuner in Training
    So in what way does the desired accel table affect the shifting? Or does it play into the torque management request?

Banned
    What it feels like to me is those tables affect the snappiness of the release and application of the clutches.

Tuner in Training
    Those two tables are the last thing I want to nail down in my tune. Light throttle 1-2 and 2-2p are a little abrupt and playing with those tables hasn't seemed to get what I want so I've kinda just left it as is for now. At the same throttle % my 2p-3 and 3-4 have a noticeable spark cut and are quite smooth.

Also, now that I'm home and have looked again, the ramp rate table is a 0-256 value but mine are all somewhere between .398 and 1.677.
    Last edited by caulk04; 09-03-2020 at 06:01 PM.

Potential Tuner

545rfe

Hi sorry for jacking the thread.
    Quick question on the 545rfe. Where in the files do i turn on 2p in normal mode?

Banned
    Where it says 2-3 enable, if your trans has that option

Quote Originally Posted by sear386 View Post
    Hi sorry for jacking the thread.
    Quick question on the 545rfe. Where in the files do i turn on 2p in normal mode?
    Depends on the year.....early ones prior to 2007 do not have that option. I've installed a 2008 PCM/TCM in my 2006 Hemi Jeep and now have the "sixth" speed.
    Two (now Three) Hemi's, an 05 5.7 Magnum, an 06 300C SRT8 and an 06 5.7 Jeep Grand Cherokee, all somewhat modded. The 5.7's are modded almost the same with advanced (10* for Maggie and 6* for the Jeep) FRI Sidewinder cams/6.1 valve trains, ported/milled heads w/new valve seats, SC, DS and HP Tuners, headers, cat. backs, underdrive pulleys, SOS coils, catch cans, 90 mm throttle bodies, plus a bunch of cosmetic stuff. 06 300C SRT8, Comp. Cammed, HPT tuned, Foose wheels, 85 mm TB.