Thread: Jeep Wrangler JL 3.6l Turbo

Tuner in Training

Jeep Wrangler JL 3.6l Turbo

Tuning a 3.6L Wrangler with an aftermarket turbo ?kit?. Have most of the bugs out of the Neural Network tune, but working on a few drivability items. Looking for someone who has been in this situation before.

In the attached tune, at time 2:22 I am getting a large fluxuation of fuel, which is not wanted. It happens throughout the tune, but that is the first instance. It happens to occur at the lower RPM (under 3000 RPM). It is very prominent at cruise (going in and out of normal fueling, and highly rich).

I have spent the money for the Neural Network Trainer to identify where this issue may be. I was thinking it happened at a couple certain Intake and Exhaust Cam angles, so tried modifying those specific fueling tables at the Intake/Exhaust angles. It does not seem to affect this amount of fuel being added.
    Spending months and dumb money on training and tools without results.

Any experts used the Neural Network Trainer? What else can be adding that much fuel to cause this condition? Anyone have good ideas?
    Attached Files Attached Files
    Last edited by schumbox; 08-28-2020 at 10:00 PM.

Potential Tuner
    Have you tried Disabling the downstream oxigen sensors?

Tuner in Training
    Thanks for the ideas. Keep them coming.

I disabled downstream oxygen sensors and still saw the ridiculous fuel influx.

Also attempted the reprogramming back to stock, pulling full read, and reprogramming. Not sure this was exactly how they fixed their issue.
    I do see large fluctuation in cam angles, but desired vs actual look good - no where near the 26% error.

Tuner in Training
    SP_NN.4u001.hpt

Try these changes.

Tuner in Training
    Thanks Innovative Diesel.

I have attached the log of running that tune tonight. LTFT start pulling out ~20% around 5:38 in log.
    Attached Files Attached Files

Tuner in Training
    What type and size injectors are you running? Which map sensor?

Tuner in Training
    3 Bar MAP sensor 05149056AA
    445cc FIC injectors