Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: 2003 CM845 Final Timing Correction & Master Fuel Correction Reason

Jim have you ran an adjustable boost elbow for the waste gate on these trucks? I would like to see 35psi. I am not sure what the factory spring is set for. It will hit 32psi at close to 3,000rpm. Would like to see 35 earlier.

Banned
    What are you using to read boost?

I haven?t used an adjustable elbow, what I?ve used was a remote placement boost adjuster.

Any particular reason you want 35psi?

Thought might get a little cooler on EGTs and make a hair more power. It is only hitting 1600EGT at a pull through all the gears. I think that is pretty good.

Banned
    Highly unlikely you will get cooler egts and more power, you are more likely choking out your turbo as is right now, I would scale things back a bit. More boost doesn?t necessarily mean more power or cooler egts.

What you are using to read boost makes a difference as well as to reading what you are actually hitting for peak boost. If you are using a mechanical gauge, no issue, if you are using the VCM Scanner then depending on your altitude you may not be reading peak boost and hitting the limits of what the sensor can read.

Okay, I haven't changed anything on the waste gate and won't. I am at 13.4psi atmospheric pressure. What does the factory sensor max out at? I see on hp boost pressure PID is PSIA and not PSIG. On my CTS2 it reads the 32psi.
    T

Banned
    The max the MAP sensor reads is 51.445 PSIA. Go to ?Engine? to ?Airflow? to ?Supercharger? and see ?Voltage to Pressure Conversion?.

51.445-13.4=38.045 PSIG.

With a barometric pressure of 13.4 your CTS2 will not read any higher than the 38.045 PSI. If you were at sea level, assuming standard sea level pressure of 14.7 PSI, 51.445-14.7=36.745 PSIG is the maximum you would be able to read.

You can create a custom math parameter to read PSIG on the VCM Scanner.

Potential Tuner
    Saving

Potential Tuner
    What is the table to fix A/F ratio cut off

Potential Tuner
    Sorry AFR state