Thread: Mpvi2 aem 30-0300

Potential Tuner

Mpvi2 aem 30-0300

Ok guys, I've done everything I know to do. I have even gone to a friends house who is an avid user of hptuners with the mpvi still no luck. We tested many times and came down to it being in my laptop or MPVI2 ..SO, my AEM PID disappears from the list after connecting. Why is this such a thing? Is it simply not possible without the prolink? Is it possible to log data from an AEM 30-0300 to the VCM scanner just using the serial tx pin2 in the rs232 connector to the blue wire and obviously ground pin5 to black????? I have tried EVERYTHING. I am stuck.

Potential Tuner
    Did you figure it out ? I am installing now

Advanced Tuner
    Did you check to make sure that the serial data is getting to the computer OK?

I have a little tool for testing this http://www.adidev.com/cheeselogger.zip

VCMScanner can not be running, at the same time, when you do the test. Because, it takes the serial port, for itself.

cheeselogger.jpg

If you can see the data in the little app, you know your hardware is set up ok.

Tuner in Training
    So I have the MPVI2 (not pro) I followed this tutorial to install the AEM in my S10 LS Swap. interfaces with Scanner no problem. Even able to open its own channel. It works great. Got what he said to buy off of Amazon. Hope this link helps.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mGcEw29XZBQ&t=455s

Advanced Tuner
    I had this issue as well using that WB. I would have to unplug and replug in my serial 9pin usb cable, repoll. dedicate a port and nothing seemed to be consistant. Ended up buying an AEm X series OBDii and now no issues. Im using MPVI2 std. I think my main problem was the 9pin usb cable.
    I still use the other WB but only for observing,
    Last edited by marksrig; 09-11-2020 at 03:40 PM.