Thread: Switched WB's now need to change my user math.

Switched WB's now need to change my user math.

I have my new AEM 30-0300 installed in the car and have it sending the analogue signal to my HP Tuners software through the EGR port of the ECM since the EGR was removed. Since I was running the AEM 30-4110, I have the following math in HP tuners to convert the signal 5V input to something useable: ([2811.10]/.5) +8.7)

The 30-0300 has different scaling than the 30-4110. The range is only 4v between 8.5 and 18.00 AFR. Can someone help on doing this new math? I've watched Ed's video on this several times but he glazes over this part so fast that I'm not catching it.

Please don't tell me to use Lambda - I'm not there yet!
    55 Belair swapped 2000 LQ4, 4L80E, 873 cast iron heads have been swapped for 853's, truck manifolds, 2 1/2 inch exhaust, glass pack mufflers, no cats.

For those who may be interested, I found the answer here:

https://forum.hptuners.com/showthrea...ogging-via-EGR
    55 Belair swapped 2000 LQ4, 4L80E, 873 cast iron heads have been swapped for 853's, truck manifolds, 2 1/2 inch exhaust, glass pack mufflers, no cats.

Use Lambda. It's easier, not harder. And it's especially easier to use lambda now instead of after you've trained your brain to mis-think in AFR.

Too late, I've been tuning AFR for a couple of years now.

I wouldn't mind learning Lambda but it's not as simple as people make it sound. Where do you find instructions for setting up the scanner to use Lambda? I learned this through online videos - they all use AFR.

Lambda is pretty simple.

Lambda 1.00 is Lambda 1.00 no matter the fuel. In closed loop it's always trying to achieve Lambda 1.00. Anything less than 1.00 is richer and more than is leaner.

You log the commanded EQ Ratio in the scanner and that is the commanded Lambda. HP Tuners even lets you change the values the commanded EQ ratio reads out in. Like gas scale of 14.6/14.7, other various number and Lambda itself.

Say someone was doing full throttle tuning, it commands .85 Lambda but the data from the wideband shows .82. The error that is created is still going to show the error off that commanded Lambda just like it does with a commanded AFR.

I use both all the time. It just depends on what I'm working with, who I'm helping and how they have stuff setup already.
    2016 Silverado CCSB 5.3/6L80e, not as slow but still heavy.

If you don't post your tune and logs when you have questions you aren't helping yourself.