Thread: Wide band for mpvi 2 gen 3 what is needed?

Potential Tuner

Wide band for mpvi 2 gen 3 what is needed?

So I have decided to start learning how to tune and I am trying to get set up to tune multiple vehicles at my shop.

If this question is already answered, just please point me in the right direction.

I have purchased a mpvi2 pro and now I'm looking to add the wideband, as of now I have a 2002 Corvette and a 2001 Camaro SS. I understand both of these are gen 3 non can-bus vehicles.

I would like a set up for hp tuners that I can move from vehicle to vehicle as far as components go...

I have the mpvi2 unit and the pro link cable but what else do I need?

Is there's a difference in wideband sensor for can-bus and non can-bus?

Will I need any additional interface to hook up the sensor to the pro link cable?

Thanks in advance.

I use a lot of AEM widebands. AEM does offer a few more basic widebands like the UEGO, it runs around $170-180. It will have the sensor and gauge with wire harness. It will have the wiring you can use to put right into your pro link cable.

Then it's just setting up the scanner to read that wideband channel.
    2016 Silverado CCSB 5.3/6L80e, not as slow but still heavy.

If you don't post your tune and logs when you have questions you aren't helping yourself.

Potential Tuner
    Thanks

Tuner
    The easiest and cheapest solution is to take your wideband serial out and run it to an 8 dollar serial to usb adapter, and a usb splitter with 1 male type A end and 2 female type A ends. I actually disconnected the usb in my arm reset and out my mpvi and all the usb cables and stuff tucked into the center console and an obd2 splitter in under the dash. Now it's ready to go at all times and I simply plug a usb type male to male cable into my laptop like it was meant to do it from the factory. Just plug right in the in car usb jack. Much cheaper than the pro kit if that's all you want to use it for. I did a write-up on how to do it on cruzetalk, too.