Hello everyone, I hope that y'all doing well

I've a 2011 Camaro SS stock with a 6L80 transmission

it drives normal during drive and S
    Put when I switch to M1
    (With the paddles)
    My car won't lock gears
    When i hit the gas and reach semi high RPM
    It shifts automatically from M1 to M2 And from M2 to M3 automatically

And I suppose it should do the other wise and hold gears even if i hit the highest rpm range

My question is how do i tune the transmission to hold Gears during M ? And Make it only shit using paddles and whenever i shift using them

Thank you

Advanced Tuner
    The 6L80 / 6L90 Tap Shift, or Manual Mode, shift calibrations have safety features programmed in from the factory.

As an example - at a full stop, the transmission will usually downshift into 1st gear - which is much easier than trying to take off in 6th gear.

The same goes for the upshifts - rather than risk the engine over-revving, the transmission will often upshift into the next gear - an OEM safety feature.

You can adjust this programming, but do so with caution.

Potential Tuner
    Quote Originally Posted by Jon S. View Post
    The 6L80 / 6L90 Tap Shift, or Manual Mode, shift calibrations have safety features programmed in from the factory.

As an example - at a full stop, the transmission will usually downshift into 1st gear - which is much easier than trying to take off in 6th gear.

The same goes for the upshifts - rather than risk the engine over-revving, the transmission will often upshift into the next gear - an OEM safety feature.

You can adjust this programming, but do so with caution.

Thank you for your reply

Do you know where should i go (Hp tuners editor wise) and disable/adjust these Safety Features?

Advanced Tuner
    I used the phrase "safety features" to encapsulate how the OEM programming functions. There are no parameters in HP Tuners with that name.

The 6L80 / 6L90 calibrations are large - with many, many parameters. To have the desired functionality you described, the TUTD parameters and tables would need to be adjusted. Likely both PT and WOT TUTD shift speeds, as well as the WOT Shift RPM for TUTD Modes, would be a basic starting point.

If you are a new HP Tuners user, you may want to hire a professional tuner for this task.

Potential Tuner
    Quote Originally Posted by Jon S. View Post
    I used the phrase "safety features" to encapsulate how the OEM programming functions. There are no parameters in HP Tuners with that name.

The 6L80 / 6L90 calibrations are large - with many, many parameters. To have the desired functionality you described, the TUTD parameters and tables would need to be adjusted. Likely both PT and WOT TUTD shift speeds, as well as the WOT Shift RPM for TUTD Modes, would be a basic starting point.

If you are a new HP Tuners user, you may want to hire a professional tuner for this task.
    Yes I'm new to HP Tuners and I'm working on my project car .....I cannot hire a Professional tuner to do it because we don't have any here in my country/ area and i wanna learn to do it by myself

Someone changed the trans cal to make this happen. Download an OEM 2011 A6 Camaro file from the repository. Open it in compare with your own. Copy the OEM shift schedule stuff for everything related to tap into your cal and reflash.
    Steve Williams
    TunedbyFrost.com

Potential Tuner
    Quote Originally Posted by Frost View Post
    Someone changed the trans cal to make this happen. Download an OEM 2011 A6 Camaro file from the repository. Open it in compare with your own. Copy the OEM shift schedule stuff for everything related to tap into your cal and reflash.
    I made it back to Stock A6 Trans but it's still auto shifting from 1-2

Sounds like something was missed. Post the file.
    Steve Williams
    TunedbyFrost.com

Can you extend your "safety" defense to the Silverado 6l80 downshifting 1 or 2 gears when all you did was select manual mode? (The 6l90 does not share this "safety" feature.)

Picture yourself driving during freezing conditions and coming upon a steep slippery or even icy descent...it would be nice to keep the trans from downshifting just because you selected manual mode. Your intent was to prevent the trans from complicating matters by executing any shifting--"steady as she goes...NOT"

Quote Originally Posted by [email protected] View Post
    Can you extend your "safety" defense to the Silverado 6l80 downshifting 1 or 2 gears when all you did was select manual mode? (The 6l90 does not share this "safety" feature.)

Picture yourself driving during freezing conditions and coming upon a steep slippery or even icy descent...it would be nice to keep the trans from downshifting just because you selected manual mode. Your intent was to prevent the trans from complicating matters by executing any shifting--"steady as she goes...NOT"
    Bringing up an old thread but would like an answer on this as well. Mine used to drop 1 gear but since my updated tune, it now drops 2 gears and its such a pain.