Thread: Got my 2006 Mustang GT Rouch m90 auto to manual swap working

Tuner in Training

Thumbs up Got my 2006 Mustang GT Rouch m90 auto to manual swap working

Hello Guys, I'v got my Mustang (2006 gt with Roush m90 s/c) auto to manual swap working.

I have only one little more problem:

If I step of the accelerator pedal and on the clutch to shift into next gear, the rpm rises for half a second, befor it drops. If I go of the accelerator pedal a second before I press the clutch this error does not appear.

For the swap I maxed all the torqure things in the automatic transmission tab, and set all timing parameters to zero. Set it to "automatic disable" does not work at all!

The P/N signal of the auto trans shift selector has been soldered together, so the engine is able to start (it thinks its in neutral). I have not installed a clutch switch by now (this is anyway only for the strating).

I have attached the current tune, maybe some one has an idea how to get rid of this error.

I think it has to do with the dashpot settings......

2006gt_auto_to_Manual_conversion_my_file v3.0.hpt
    Last edited by Sprudel; 09-01-2020 at 08:52 AM.

Advanced Tuner
    Your tune still has automatic set to enable. Disable that and see if it goes away. That wire you have soldered together should be the clutch safety switch.

Tuner in Training
    As I said, if I disable the automatic setting, the car doesn't run. It will start, I can drive in the first gear, but as son as I step on the clutch to stop again, the engine dies. It Drops below idle and just stops running, like you would turn of the ignition. I can than Start again, and Do the same thing on and on.....

Also on "manual Mode" the speedometer doesn't work at all.

Tuner in Training
    Have you tried to compare it to a stock 5 speed tune from the repo? Probably can pull dashpot settings from there as a baseline.

Tuner in Training
    Yes, II have Imported All this values from the manual tune. But still the same problem

Advanced Tuner
    There is something in the wiring that is not happy, the computer is not seeing some parameter from the manual side it should be. Could be the auto ECM doesn't have an input you need or you have something wired incorrectly.

Advanced Tuner
    if the clutch switch is throwing the nds state around being as its expecting an auto it sounds like you can remedy it by bypassing the cluth sw