Thread: IAC keeps going to zero

Tuner in Training

IAC keeps going to zero

hello,

Having an issue as my iac counts keep dropping to zero. I understand that the cause would be unmetered air coming in, but I've tested it and I can't find any vacuum leaks. Car struggles a little to start when cold and if you give any amount of throttle the car will nearly die, but then kick back up. I have a really loud intake noise that might be a symptom I'm too sure to be honest. Also I have to keep my tb set to the lowest setting to keep the idle relatively low, but my tps voltage is about .18v. Its all wierd

Car is a 70s camaro with a 5.3 swapped in. BTR stage 2 turbo cam, holley low ram, Fast big mouth 102 (I have no idea where the pcv is supposed to go on it, so its capped off).

Any help is greatly appreciated!

CamaroDyno1.hptNewLog91.hpl

Advanced Tuner
    its in adaptive idle when it is doing that and it is trying to get down to your commanded 750 rpm idle speed. Its pulling timing and completely closing the iac and it still isn't quite able to achieve the correct idle speed. You should close your throttle blade a little so that it can

And fix the fueling. That thing is super lean at idle if going by the fuel trims. The short term trims are adding is up to 30% worth of fuel to keep it running okay.

Make sure fuel pressure is at 58psi and get a wideband in the exhaust.
    2016 Silverado CCSB 5.3/6L80e, not as slow but still heavy.

If you don't post your tune and logs when you have questions you aren't helping yourself.

Tuner in Training
    Quote Originally Posted by ryan_axberg View Post
    its in adaptive idle when it is doing that and it is trying to get down to your commanded 750 rpm idle speed. Its pulling timing and completely closing the iac and it still isn't quite able to achieve the correct idle speed. You should close your throttle blade a little so that it can
    Thats the issue I m having is that the throttle blade is as low as it can be and theres no hole in the tb either. Unless its getting air from somewhere else which if it is I have no idea where from.

Advanced Tuner
    its got to be getting air from somewhere. You should hook up air up to and to check for vaccum leaks. Its always a good idea to do that, I have had bad intake manifold gasket leaks and even leaking from the brake booster.