Thread: Logging Issue with MAP

Tuner in Training

Logging Issue with MAP

Hello Helpful type people,

I had posted earlier about a problem with the MAP sensor not reading the same as the mechanical boost gauge.

I have tested the MAP sensor with shop air while logging, and while watching the log live, it is accurate, however it appears to jump between 104kpa and the actual value. The Max Value needle on the log gauge shows accurate with the mechanical gauge.

HOWEVER, when you look at the log, or close it then reopen, the max value is not near what it read. This is my problem.

The attached log file shows shop air applied in different ranges. Around 18 minutes, this read 201KPA on the Max value needle, in line with the mechanical gauge at about 14psi. On the log it is showing 152kpa.

I believe the computer is seeing the correct value, but it is not logging the correct value. Perhaps something to do with the apparent jumping between 104kpa and the real value rapidly when it is above 104?

Anyone have any insight?

Here is the setup

Hello,

Have an 04 Silverado 2500
    LQ4
    SS2
    Deka 80's
    3 Bar
    GT45

test.hpl

You can't log both MAP sensor channels. Remove the 1 bar map channel.

And make sure the linear and offset settings are correct for the sensor you have installed.
    2016 Silverado CCSB 5.3/6L80e, not as slow but still heavy.

If you don't post your tune and logs when you have questions you aren't helping yourself.

Tuner in Training
    That makes perfect sense. Let's give that a try. Thank you!