Thread: Transmission Calibration Help

Tuner in Training

Transmission Calibration Help

Hi guys, can somebody please help, i have a problem with a LS2 transplant into a old chev pickup, has 6L80, its from a 2008 holden maloo hsv ute, pretty much a pontiac g8 setup for the americans, the VSS data comes on data bus from ABS in original vehicle, as none of that is there now, im trying to get the transmission to provide data to PCM so i can activate pin 57 to run a normal speedo.
    the transmission ECU does calculate VSS, tho it is not equipped with a VSS sensor, only input and output speed internal sensors, has no repTos wire on trans pin 16 at the moment tho i can add if needs be.
    The current calibrations are... PCM 12619078 E38 ECU
    TCM 24243170 T43 ECU

would anybody know of a Transmission calibration i could flash that would allow this function.
    Thanks

Tuner in Training
    Solved, for anybody else having same issues, to solve this issue, I installed a pin into plug on transmission, Pin 16, this is a replicated TOS signal, then ran a wire to pin 71 of PCM, this is used for VSS input signal on other models, configured the ECU for wheel speed signal, this activated the pin 57 output. Although still shows no speed in data stream. Then just had to mess with wheel size/revs per mile to suit setup.
    Hope this can help somebody someday.

Potential Tuner
    Quote Originally Posted by thecardoc View Post
    Solved, for anybody else having same issues, to solve this issue, I installed a pin into plug on transmission, Pin 16, this is a replicated TOS signal, then ran a wire to pin 71 of PCM, this is used for VSS input signal on other models, configured the ECU for wheel speed signal, this activated the pin 57 output. Although still shows no speed in data stream. Then just had to mess with wheel size/revs per mile to suit setup.
    Hope this can help somebody someday.

Hey thecardoc, i have a trans/engine with the same OS and i cannot for the life of me get speed signal in the scanner and ofcourse geaarbox behaves very poorly. Can i possibly get a copy of your tune so i can check your settings about the countless settings i have tried. THanks