Thread: Turbo water/meth injection 2012 E38 Silverado

Tuner in Training

Turbo water/meth injection 2012 E38 Silverado

Just seeing if I have this all down before I head into tuning my truck. Truck is a 2012 e38 Silverado stock 5.3 adding a turbo low boost at first 3psi then up from there. My plans are to be MAF only since the sensor is more than capable. I will be running driver side o2 sensor in crossover pipe and passenger side o2 sensor in down pipe along with afr sensor. I will scale the maf and adjust timing as needed but at first it shouldn't be much with only 3psi and I will slowly work up from there, and I will adjust PE to come in were it is needed. I am going to run 50/50 water meth on a progressive controller starting low and slow on the pump. Is there any tips or tricks that would help with the meth injection? And or any other parts of my tuning plans or am I missing something? Thanks for any help it is greatly appreciated!

Get some bigger injectors, get a 2 bar MAP sensor, get some plugs, and plan on adjusting the VVE also. Why do half a tune if you have HPTuners.
    I don't know about meth.
    2000 Camaro SS 2015 L83 port injected, Whipple 3.0, 4L80E, 8.8 Ford
    2013 Silverado 5.3, 6L80k 8.8

Tuner in Training
    Yea injectors are coming soon, and plugs already done. I might end up doing the VVE on down the road I just dont have a dyno so I feel it would be hard to get the table dialed in correctly right now.

The ZR1 map sensor is a direct plug and play on a 2012 harness, just update the MAP linear and offset settings. It's like a $25-30 sensor.
    2016 Silverado CCSB 5.3/6L80e, not as slow but still heavy.

If you don't post your tune and logs when you have questions you aren't helping yourself.

Advanced Tuner
    Honestly I wouldn't bother with meth injection at 3 psi. I would start using it once your pushing more. Usually just get AFR in line and maybe add just a bit of timing on top of what you would run without meth.