Thread: Credits required for OS swap?

Tuner

Credits required for OS swap?

I have a 2004 6.0/4L80e swapped into a K5 Blazer, but am having DBW pedal issues. Basically, 50% mechanical pedal travel is read as 100% in the PCM so the pedal is super sensitive.

I've read several posts that a 2006 tune could possibly be the fix. Would it cost me another 2 credits in order to do a write entire for this file?

If so, I'd rather not spend another $100 on a "maybe".

HP Tuners Support
    (foff667)
    It would likely cost you 4 credits to do that but we do not recommend doing so, so you do so at your own risk of credits and/or hurting your ecm.
    It doesn't have to be perfect, it just needs to be done in two weeks...

A wise man once said "google it"

Tuner
    Thanks,

So, what are my options for fixing this issue?

I see plenty of threads about it but they all die before the problem gets resolved.

Thanks again.

HP Tuners Support
    (foff667)
    Because this isn't a one size fits all question, you are talking about a swap application into a vehicle that we never supported. You should be asking these questions in the gen 3 car/truck section to see if anyone can give you some guidance as to what they might've done.
    It doesn't have to be perfect, it just needs to be done in two weeks...

A wise man once said "google it"

Advanced Tuner
    Quote Originally Posted by wlwarnke View Post
    I have a 2004 6.0/4L80e swapped into a K5 Blazer, but am having DBW pedal issues. Basically, 50% mechanical pedal travel is read as 100% in the PCM so the pedal is super sensitive.

I've read several posts that a 2006 tune could possibly be the fix. Would it cost me another 2 credits in order to do a write entire for this file?

If so, I'd rather not spend another $100 on a "maybe".

The 2006 models used a different TAC Module (bolted to the firewall near the vacuum brake boosted) and a different APP (accelerator pedal).

To experiment with this option, you would need a 2006 TAC Module, APP, and the short wiring harness that joins them together.

Always best to program an OS change using GM software and a Tech 2 / MDI / etc.