Thread: WB not reading on scanner

Tuner in Training

WB not reading on scanner

I'm having issues getting my AEM WB (30-0300) to show up on VCM scanner. I've searched all I can as well as tried some different equations.. I'm very new at this and to be honest i'm surprised I got it this far lol. I included a file so you can see what going on. something is showing up.... but what it is isn't correct. also included the math I used.. if I did it correctly haha. any help is greatly appreciated.
    Attached Files Attached Files

Tuner in Training
    I also tried other equations I have to be close ya???

Tuner in Training
    In your scanner file from 8/31 you need to change the EGR Pintle Position sensor to EGR Sensor (voltage) in your channel list. Looks like you did correct this in your scanner file from 9/2.

In your scanner file from 9/2 you need to add Air-Fuel Ratio Commanded to your channel list then you will be good to go. Any time you use a sensor in your math parameters those same sensors have to be added in your channel list. You can confirm this by looking back at your math parameters. If any of them are highlighted red you either have the wrong one selected for use or you don't have them selected in your channel list. Once you add Air-Fuel Ratio Commanded you will see sensor 50121 in your AEM Wideband Error calculation lose the red highlight and you should be good to go.
    Last edited by 1BadLS6; 09-09-2020 at 04:00 PM.

Tuner in Training
    Your new equations are good too. They match the AEM manual.

Tuner in Training
    Quote Originally Posted by 99T/A398 View Post
    I also tried other equations I have to be close ya???
    Not sure if you've got you WB working but I also remembered you have to enable the EGR in the VCM editor if your car didn't come equipped with an EGR. Under Engine -> Exhaust -> Gas Recirculation enable the EGR and set the disable speed to 0 and enable speed to 247.

Tuner in Training
    holy shit!!! thank you 1badls6!! that's what I needed to do.. now I just need to fine tune to get them to read the same.
    Last edited by 99T/A398; 09-21-2020 at 10:40 AM.

Tuner in Training

Potential Tuner
    Do you have to have pro for this gauge to work

Tuner in Training
    Quote Originally Posted by Dcollis View Post
    Do you have to have pro for this gauge to work
    No, there are several ways to interface with widebands without pro. With AEM I know you can interface using a RS-232 serial connector connected to your laptop (likely need a serial to USB adapter for newer laptops). The manual should show you which wires to pin into pins 2 and 5 of the serial connector. If you choose this route you have to add the wideband into HPTuners by selecting the model you have under External Inputs -> Serial Port -> WB model

Another very common way is to hook it in via a vehicle sensor that uses voltage. The most common on older GM vehicles are the EGR sensor and AC pressure sensor. Both of these methods require some wiring work to tap into the sensor or add open pins on the PCM and adding custom user maths to create the interface.

Search on here or read the Help (http://www.hptuners.com/help/VCM-Scanner/) to learn how to do either of these. ChopperDoc also has a good tutorial here https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aN7w7ytCd1E&t=401s