Thread: Mustang s197 4.6 GT sound ghost cam

Tuner in Training

Mustang s197 4.6 GT sound ghost cam

Hello. I have recently had hp tuners.
    Can someone help me get the ghost cam sound? I know it can be done but I don't know how.
    I've read a lot about it, but my hp tuners don't have that?

I can share my tune file

Sorry for the spelling, I'm from Poland

Advanced Tuner
    the 4.6s do not have enough cam phaser control to successfully do a ghost cam tune

Tuner in Training
    Bama tuner offers a melody file that gives a ghost cam sound. I thought HP tuners would give me that.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=X7MrtwJqL_g

Senior Tuner SultanHassanMasTuning's Avatar
    you can adjust the timing where it will give a lumpy idle
    Follow @MASTUNING visit www.mastuned.com
    Remote Tuning [email protected]
    Contact/Whatsapp +966555366161

Tuner in Training
    Will you tell me which exactly is the option in the VCM editor? This is my file tune: Mustang moj.hpt

Believe me, ist terrible to make a one piece cam vvt a choppy idle. Timing and over/underspeed can be used.

Use another cam to get more power and cool idling.

Tuner in Training
    Could you tell me exactly which parameters need to be changed? I just want the sound without replacing the cam..

Potential Tuner
    Quote Originally Posted by SultanHassanMasTuning View Post
    you can adjust the timing where it will give a lumpy idle
    Any advice on exactly which timing tables to change? i know the 4.6 3v currently does not have separate over and underspeed timing tables. of does however have a max retard table for overspeed under the current timing tab in the idle timing column. The factory has this set to 0*, i'm assuming we would want to set this to something radical like -20* and then set Disable/enable idle RPM error fields to something really tight/low like 10 rpm?

In theroy this should cause the idle to hunt up and down trying to hold the desired rpm. since the main mechanism to control idle speed is timing this should cause the idle spark to sway drastically from +18* to -20* making the engine run like shit and pop and chop.

am i on the right track and do you have any additional pointers?

I have a procharged mustang and just put in a set of blower cams however the chop is *barely* noticeable, it would be nice to amplify it a bit for aesthetic-sound purposes.

thanks,
    -Nick

Potential Tuner
    Charzun, the method to "ghost cam" used in the video you posted is no bueno, essentially what he did was load MAF calibrations for a larger diameter cold air intake that were not correct to his MAF diameter. what this does is forced the ECU into open loop because its running lean and back firing and poping and generally running like D!ck. doing this to take a short video like he did probably wont hurt anything if done occasionally however driving the car like this long or short term is recepie for permanent damage, not to mention a loss of power and drivability. any attempt to Ghost cam a 3v needs to be done in the idle-general, idle-RPM, or/and "idle column" of the spark tab only. This will allow the engine to run choppy at idle but correct itself once you move off idle.

there are other idle settings like idle-airflow-* tabs but be careful messing with these (especially with a manual trans) as if can cause hanging rpms or stalling if not done correctly

Tuner
    Agreed...
    Simple... Successful... Intelligent...