Thread: LAP to LE5 swap done, now having tuning issues and reduced engine power

Potential Tuner

LAP to LE5 swap done, now having tuning issues and reduced engine power

Cobalt addict(10+) new to tuning here...

So I bought an 09 LAP cobalt with a bad clutch, swapped in a 2.4 LE5 from a 07 Saturn vue and then flashed with an 08 cobalt ss tune from the repository. Have changed every sensor, engine harness, continuity checked TB to pcm wires.

The issue is reduced engine power at anything above like 50% throttle driving or sitting still key on not running. It revs fine not in gear and while rolling with clutch in. I?m thinking I wasn?t supposed to flash the whole file to it, just maybe cam tables and what else? To the original lap tune, but not sure and that?s why I?m here. Flashed original tune back just to check TB performance and of course I can?t run it in that tune but can?t replicate symptoms with other tune.

I get completely dead pedal and a P0606 pcm code when it trips. But everything seems fine back on 09 tune or 2.4 tune without a load. I?m about to push it off a cliff, any help or guidance would be greatly appreciated.

Corrupt repository tune? Can?t find any others from 08 ss cobalt manual to try though.

Potential Tuner
    Did you get this fixed? I am having same trouble stand alone le5 dead pedal after about 50 percent throttle and a p0606 code.

Potential Tuner
    Im having the same issue. I found a forum (cant remember where) a dude with an ecotec LE5 in a buggy had a bad pedal. he broke the stop in the app. so working on that next.

i found this someone posted. im about to try, im flashing only engine because his was a manual 5 speed.06-Cobalt-2.4-Stock.hpt
    Last edited by TheBrycehole; 06-03-2021 at 08:16 PM. Reason: typos

Advanced Tuner
    Quote Originally Posted by kejross View Post
    Cobalt addict(10+) new to tuning here...

So I bought an 09 LAP cobalt with a bad clutch, swapped in a 2.4 LE5 from a 07 Saturn vue and then flashed with an 08 cobalt ss tune from the repository. Have changed every sensor, engine harness, continuity checked TB to pcm wires.

The issue is reduced engine power at anything above like 50% throttle driving or sitting still key on not running. It revs fine not in gear and while rolling with clutch in. I?m thinking I wasn?t supposed to flash the whole file to it, just maybe cam tables and what else? To the original lap tune, but not sure and that?s why I?m here. Flashed original tune back just to check TB performance and of course I can?t run it in that tune but can?t replicate symptoms with other tune.

I get completely dead pedal and a P0606 pcm code when it trips. But everything seems fine back on 09 tune or 2.4 tune without a load. I?m about to push it off a cliff, any help or guidance would be greatly appreciated.

Corrupt repository tune? Can?t find any others from 08 ss cobalt manual to try though.
    This problem is caused by the "Slave CPU" OS / Cal segment not matching the main OS. When you flashed the 08 Cobalt SS tune in it, you created a mismatch between the Main OS / Calibration and the Slave OS / Calibration (HPT, by default, doesn't flash the Slave CPU).

To fix this, you will need to find someone with a GM dealership flash tool, and reprogram the ECM using the 08 Cobalt SS VIN - the GM flash tools will update the Slave CPU if there is a mismatch.