Thread: Unable to load tune!

Potential Tuner

Unable to load tune!

Got a message when trying to load my tune. What am I doing wrong and can it be fixed and loaded? Please someone help me.20200903_154345.jpg

HP Tuners Support
    (foff667)
    looks like you are trying to flash someone elses file to your ecm to me, read your ecm, license your ecm, tune away.
    It doesn't have to be perfect, it just needs to be done in two weeks...

A wise man once said "google it"

Potential Tuner
    ECM is licensed. Just got it back from HP tuners. I can do a read but that comes up when trying to write. But yes this was a tune that I was using with the ECM that used to be in the truck. ECM went bad and sent this one in to be unlocked. Purchased 6 more credits to try to load this tune. Is there any way to accomplish this?
    Last edited by SRR007; 09-03-2020 at 09:51 PM.

HP Tuners Support
    (foff667)
    Quote Originally Posted by SRR007 View Post
    ECM is licensed. Just got it back from HP tuners. I can do a read but that comes up when trying to write. But yes this was a tune that I was using with the ECM that used to be in the truck. ECM went bad and sent this one in to be unlocked. Purchased 6 more credits to try to load this tune. Is there any way to accomplish this?
    You just stated your ecm went back and you sent this one in to be unlocked ie you are trying to flash a file from a different ecm to this one which is exactly what I stated. You need to read/license the NEW ecm you've installed.
    It doesn't have to be perfect, it just needs to be done in two weeks...

A wise man once said "google it"

Potential Tuner
    Quote Originally Posted by Bill@HPTuners View Post
    You just stated your ecm went back and you sent this one in to be unlocked ie you are trying to flash a file from a different ecm to this one which is exactly what I stated. You need to read/license the NEW ecm you've installed.
    OK, lets start over. This ECM is the original from the truck. I had one that was bought already unlocked and that is the one I had running in the truck. It was tuned using HP tuner then went to dealer and got flashed. Bad thing. Wouldn't run. Used another system to tune that ECM and that was what I was running until now. I wanted to be able to have 2 working ECM's one with HP and the other one using another. I sent the locked one to HP and had it unlocked and was sent back to me. I went and installed it and did the instructions according to the paper sent along with unlocked PCM. I had problems at first but mpvI2 had to be updated so I did that. I did the resync and checked on the License and all looked good. I did the read and then now I went to try to load a tune. I had a good tune that I used in the other PCM and all the looking I saw (I may have been wrong) pointed to being able to load that tune into the new unlocked PCM as It was in the same true and nothing else was modded in the truck since the tune was made. That is when I got that message in the above post. If I f'ed up I understand. Tell me what I need to do. BUT if there is something I can do to make this work your help would be greatly appreciated.