Thread: Failure to Connect.. MPVI2

Tuner in Training

Failure to Connect.. MPVI2

Hello,

I am trying to connect to a new vehicle I bought (2004 Blazer with 4.3 v6) and am unable to read the vehicles file. It starts out fine. Then the time remaining starts to go up and up until it says failure. Then it sets the VATS and vehicle is dead. I am also having problems connecting to scanner. It takes several tries but it will connect and then I can relink the vats and the vehicle is back to normal. I have updated the software, updated the drivers and resynced to no avail. I only use this for myself not as a profession. But I have done quit a bit of tuning on a LS swap I did to my 03 s10 with no problems. Any Idea what I'm running into here? Any info you need from me to help out with this? Let me know. Please help. I just want to disable the vats on this Blazer because its always a problem and I don't want to get stranded anywhere. LOL and adjust my Power enrichment a bit also. But need to get into it first.
    Thanx in advance for any help you can give.

Cory

Does it have an aftermarket alarm or radio?

Those could cause a problems with reading and writing.
    2016 Silverado CCSB 5.3/6L80e, not as slow but still heavy.

If you don't post your tune and logs when you have questions you aren't helping yourself.

Tuner in Training
    Quote Originally Posted by 5FDP View Post
    Does it have an aftermarket alarm or radio?

Those could cause a problems with reading and writing.
    Thanx for the response.
    It has the Factory stereo but it does have a remote starter. And I think the guy I bought it from said he had an aftermarket stereo with a separate crossover that he left in when he put the factory stereo back in. Would these cause an issue? If so do I just stop the power to them(pull the fuses) and try again?
    Thanx for any ideas or solutions.