Thread: Swapping 4.3 vortec to GenIII LS while retaining same 0411 PCM

Swapping 4.3 vortec to GenIII LS while retaining same 0411 PCM

Hopefully this is a pretty simple yes/no question (and my apologies if it has been covered multiple times, my attempt at searching came up inconclusive)

I have a '97 S10. 4.3 RWD with the 5 speed. I purchased an 0411 PCM from a member of the s10 forum which had already been flashed via EFI live to a 2003 s10 4.3 tune.

I've been working on learning how to tune this 4.3 that I have mounted a stock Syclone/typhoon turbo and manifolds to, just installed an edelbrock 2114 carb intake I converted myself with 42 lb injectors and an early LS throttle body, etc.

Inevitably like many people that have gone the route I have, I may be interested in a GenIII LS swap.

Since the type of engine is selectable in my tune file, would I be able to swap to something like an L33 and retain my current PCM without using any additional credits?

The engine select drop down in these computers doesn't do anything. You could move it to a 6.0 but the change would do nothing because the base file is still a V6 and the cylinder volume is still set for the V6. Even just changing the cylinder volume won't work either. The base file/operating system must start out as a V8.

So you can keep the PCM you have but it needs to have a V8 calibration put into it first. Then you can license it and tune away.
    2016 Silverado CCSB 5.3/6L80e, not as slow but still heavy.