Thread: 2018 mustang gt RPM limit source "in gear limit overspeed"

Potential Tuner

2018 mustang gt RPM limit source "in gear limit overspeed"

Hey everyone, just wanted to pot this issue im having on my 2018 mustang gt at the moment. So i have a Whipple stage 2, 3.75 pulley, E85 and just finished a TR6060 transmission swap on it. I installed a Bowler all in one harness and everything is set where it needs to be. no CEL, no wrench light at all. on the dyno or street no matter what i do as soon as i put it in gear and start rolling i get an automatic RPM limit source code " in gear limit over-speed" it wont allow my throttle to open more that 25 degrees. i attached a pic so i can show what im seeing, it would be greatly appreciated if someone could guide me in the right direction to get my car out of limp mode.

Quote Originally Posted by boostedGTJAX View Post
    Hey everyone, just wanted to pot this issue im having on my 2018 mustang gt at the moment. So i have a Whipple stage 2, 3.75 pulley, E85 and just finished a TR6060 transmission swap on it. I installed a Bowler all in one harness and everything is set where it needs to be. no CEL, no wrench light at all. on the dyno or street no matter what i do as soon as i put it in gear and start rolling i get an automatic RPM limit source code " in gear limit over-speed" it wont allow my throttle to open more that 25 degrees. i attached a pic so i can show what im seeing, it would be greatly appreciated if someone could guide me in the right direction to get my car out of limp mode.
    Who's tune are you running?

Advanced Tuner
    post tune

Potential Tuner
    Quote Originally Posted by LastPlace View Post
    Who's tune are you running?
    Tony form Tuners INC. Jacksonville florida

Potential Tuner
    Quote Originally Posted by paulsmithsr View Post
    post tune
    its not allowing me to load the pics or tune in this forum yet. maybe because i just joined.

Tony form Tuners INC. Jacksonville florida
    Does Tony know his tune is broken?

Tuner
    Tony is one of the best out there. Have you talked to him about your issues? He will make it right.

Advanced Tuner
    Agreed , tony will make it right. I’d talk to him before posting his work on here. I know him well and he will make it right.

Potential Tuner
    Quote Originally Posted by rryanfla View Post
    Tony is one of the best out there. Have you talked to him about your issues? He will make it right.
    Yes, Tony and I have been speaking about this issue and cannot see where this issue is coming from...

Potential Tuner
    Quote Originally Posted by Bill88stang View Post
    Agreed , tony will make it right. I’d talk to him before posting his work on here. I know him well and he will make it right.
    Tony is a beast and that's the only person I go to. This setup is new to us and it's wierd to see this issue and not seeing anything in the tune that could be off. I won't post his stuff out there unless he wants me to. He had me snapshot the datalog code so that I got the nomenclature correct of the error.

Pm me

And Post your "stock" file
    Last edited by LastPlace; 09-08-2020 at 11:06 AM.

Potential Tuner
    Quote Originally Posted by LastPlace View Post
    Pm me

And Post your "stock" file
    I pmed you

totally agree with these guys Tony G is an absolute legend he will go out of his way to sort this out with you

Potential Tuner
    Quote Originally Posted by b00sty View Post
    totally agree with these guys Tony G is an absolute legend he will go out of his way to sort this out with you
    yeah i know, him and i have been working on this for a little bit. the tune itself is great but for the 18-20 mustang the tables for gear ratio adjustment are not there so its different than the 15-17 tables. i think my issue lies in the vss signal conversion and it matching the speedo. i have a bowler all in one speedo adjuster and calibrator box and it does have calibration adjustment as well but i need to formulate a calculator to set the calibration error. i found a calculator for the 1995-1998 setups but nothing this year.

I pmed you
    I got your dropbox link, your stock file is encoded in hptuners RTD.

We aren't going to be of any help to you.

I hope you and tony get it figured out, and it would be nice if you updated us on the "fix" for future guys with your issue

Got in touch with Tony and explained what I had experienced, he is going to contact support and see if the hpt engineers can patch your file to fix your issue.

Sounds like a whipple file that needs patch. If you modify the whipple file without the patch it will automatically limit throttle...a fail-safe on their part i imagine.

Potential Tuner
    Was a solution to the issue ever found? Planning on doing a 6060 swap on my 19 GT as soon as possible.

It was a Whipple tune issue