Thread: 03 Silverado Transfer data timed out

Tuner in Training

03 Silverado Transfer data timed out

Was able to read it and save the file and license it. Then I made my changes went to write and it stopped halfway and then said transfer data timed out and now the truck wont crank. No dash lights and gauges dont work. Only thing that works is the aftermarket radio, power seats and windows. Is the computer fried? Vcm scanner doesnt detect it

Remove the fuse for the aftermarket radio and try again.

Those aftermarket parts are a plague to the 2003-2007 trucks.
    2016 Silverado CCSB 5.3/6L80e, not as slow but still heavy.

If you don't post your tune and logs when you have questions you aren't helping yourself.

Senior Tuner
    Since it won't detect the PCM at all I would pull the radio and disconnect the chime adapter from the dash harness. And while you have it disconnected you might as well throw it in the trash because you probably have one that is going to cause problems anytime it is on the bus.

Tuner in Training
    Well I think it was bricked. Tried all the above and thankfully I had a extra computer laying around, so I put it in and the truck would crank but not fire, so I removed the vats and did a segment swap and everything is happy. Just shitty it bricked the original pcm :/ never happened to me before and I?ve done a ton of these silverados with aftermarket radios and never had any problems. Oh well

Senior Tuner
    It's not the radio, it's the chime adapter.

HP Tuners Support
    (foff667)
    Quote Originally Posted by Shortyno10 View Post
    Well I think it was bricked. Tried all the above and thankfully I had a extra computer laying around, so I put it in and the truck would crank but not fire, so I removed the vats and did a segment swap and everything is happy. Just shitty it bricked the original pcm :/ never happened to me before and I?ve done a ton of these silverados with aftermarket radios and never had any problems. Oh well
    Extremely difficult to "brick" these ecm's if you were doing write cal only.
    It doesn't have to be perfect, it just needs to be done in two weeks...

A wise man once said "google it"

Tuner in Training
    Quote Originally Posted by Shortyno10 View Post
    I bricked the p59 in my tahoe because of an aftermarket radio...I was able to get it working after flashing it using a background debugging module soldered to the PCM directly. Send me a private message if you want to send me your PCM and I'll try to get it working again for the cost of shipping. what is the SERV. NO. and HDW NO. on the sticker of your PCM?

Potential Tuner
    bill@hptuners What if he did "write entire" asking for a friend....