Thread: 6L80 " CBM Module for tap shift connects to can lo and can hi and not working

Potential Tuner

6L80 " CBM Module for tap shift connects to can lo and can hi and not working

I bought Module for my tap shift from CBM and followed the directions and not working .. it on dash only changes from "D" to "S " but does not shift to 1st .
    donor is a 2010 camaro 6.2 with 6l80e on a 72 Blazer k5...

Advanced Tuner
    You should contact CBM tech support - it is their module.

Potential Tuner
    I did for the past 2 weeks no answer , I even sent my File to so they could see if its correct... I just been getting the round of round on email I will visit them in person soon I have a Dyno tune appoinment in 2 weeks..And need this working.

Advanced Tuner
    Not good.

The issue is that their module is proprietary - only they know the ins and outs of how it works (or in this case does not work).

Most Tap Shift systems use a hard-wired setup - with a resistor pack - making for simple diagnostic testing.

I have no idea how to test CBM's module - sorry.

Potential Tuner
    Thank you for the reply and Help... I see what happends

Tuner in Training
    I know this wont help your CBM issue, but if you dont get it handled, try out oecontrols.com tap-nncruise...I had resistors and hardwired setup to my 6l80 and it worked fine, but i wanted cruise control. i just got their BCM and it does cruise control with my factory 89 K5 stalk, i also used the OEM tap shift lever which works perfect and you can use tow haul button. There customer service has been great.