Thread: timing problem in 1st and 2nd gear

Tuner in Training

timing problem in 1st and 2nd gear

My ignition timing is all over the place in 1st gear and 2nd gear. It goes normal in 3rd.
    Cant figure out why.
    the 2 deg low in 3rd gear is due to coolant temp high.

The tune is the one i pulled at the track
    The Log file is a 14.02 sec at 98mph. Think there is a lot left in this truck if i could get my timing under control.
    I tried pulling the abs fuses to elimnate a traction control input problem. did the same thing with fuses in and out.

This is a 5.3l aluminum bloc. DOD and VVT delete. large cam (would have to look up grind number). Ls7 Valve springs. increased ring gap. Installed into a 2011 chevy colorado.
    Attached Files Attached Files

Try disabling burst knock to make sure it's not that. Your fueling is a tad too rich as well, aim for 12.3-12.5 throughout the pull, you may pick up some horsepower not running as rich.
    2016 Silverado CCSB 5.3/6L80e, not as slow but still heavy.

If you don't post your tune and logs when you have questions you aren't helping yourself.

Tuner in Training
    Quote Originally Posted by 5FDP View Post
    Try disabling burst knock to make sure it's not that. Your fueling is a tad too rich as well, aim for 12.3-12.5 throughout the pull, you may pick up some horsepower not running as rich.
    wide band wasnt hooked up. sorry didnt realize. truck does run 12.0 +/- .1 throughout the runs

Clean up the MAF/VVE then if it's that far off the commanded. If it goes down to a commanded 11.7 but the wideband is showing 12.0-12.2 you have too little fuel in the MAF or VVE. Once both are aligned you should be able to command say 12.5 and get 12.4-12.5 no problem.
    2016 Silverado CCSB 5.3/6L80e, not as slow but still heavy.

If you don't post your tune and logs when you have questions you aren't helping yourself.

Tuner in Training
    Sorry for the long delay. i ended up having to replace ecm due to an error witht the prom. would not read ecm. new ecm in. burst knock turned off. it is alot better but at 5000rpm there is still retard happening. 11.5 deg reduction at 5000 rpm every time.
    need some ideas if anyone could helpTEST.hplNEWPCM-WITH TUNE.hptTEST2.hpl