Thread: Procharged 2019 Mustang GT A10, NEED HELP! Laggy throttle response/power

Tuner in Training

Procharged 2019 Mustang GT A10, NEED HELP! Laggy throttle response/power

I'm tuning a customer's Procharged 2019 Mustang GT with an A10 transmission. Cold idle is a bit rough, but once warmed up, idles smooth. Then, for drivability, the throttle is really lazy. I have played a bit with driver demand settings, etc, but not much improvement. With the IMRC's deleted, I expected a little loss of bottom end torque, but this seems excessive. There is a lack of timing adv aroud 2,000-3,000rpm at about 50% load, but don't know if that is the culprit. If someone could look my tune file and log over and see if they notice anything like ETC torque requested or something like that, it would be great to have some help. I'm tuning this for a customer, which has been very patient. It is our first test on a boosted car, and it hasn't been a real great experience so far. We did WOT tuning on a dynojet in hot, muggy Florida, and it put down around 552hp/443tq, so power wasn't mind blowing. 2019 GT Procharged A10.hpt drive1111.hpl

Mods are:
    -Procharger P1SC
    -Low boost upper pulley (approx 6psi)
    -JMS BAP
    -Stock fuel pump and lines
    -LU47 Injectors
    -IMRC's Locked Out
    -Long tube headers (no cats, no rear O2's)
    -MAF sensor located in intercooler (from Procharger)
    Last edited by Covfefe Mustang; 09-08-2020 at 08:34 PM.

You need to re-scale for the load you will see with boost 1.5-2.0 load

Try this

2019 GT Procharged A10 - test this.hpt

Also you have a bunch of mapped points that are enabled that you dont need to be using with imrc's locked out.

Tuner in Training
    I will apply the changes tomorrow and report back. Many thanks!

Tuner in Training
    Quote Originally Posted by LastPlace View Post
    You need to re-scale for the load you will see with boost 1.5-2.0 load

Try this

2019 GT Procharged A10 - test this.hpt

Also you have a bunch of mapped points that are enabled that you dont need to be using with imrc's locked out.
    Thank you for getting me on the right track. I ended up writing a lot more "driver demand" in through the "Torque Management->Driver Demand->Normal->Engine" table. I saw that I had only increased the last four columns by 15% or so, and didn't move the progression any further forward than that. I trickled the power down to the 25% throttle range, and it made a HUGE difference in the drivability/cruise range. The car feels like a beast now. I still have more to fine tune (some tip-in knock, some fuel trim MAF tuning), but the customer is happy with the feel of the car. I disabled MP's 0-13 due to where it normally references IMRC's closed, and started tuning from MP 14-up. I really haven't even played with cam timing at this point.2019 GT Procharged A10_ Driver Demand3.hpt Demand 3_3 knock.hpl
    Jeremy Grist
    Spring Hill, FL
    "Covfefe Mustang"
    1992 Mustang GT, F150 Coyote swapped, GForce G101a, 4.56 gear
    2019 Mustang GT, PP1, Premium, A10, HPTuners

Potential Tuner
    I'm definetly a novice tuner, but it looks like your torque inverse tables are way off. perhaps this is effecting your drivability. Also I think your cylair anticipation should be dissabled
    Last edited by Tg19; 09-13-2020 at 10:59 PM.

Tuner
    Quote Originally Posted by Covfefe Mustang View Post
    Thank you for getting me on the right track. I ended up writing a lot more "driver demand" in through the "Torque Management->Driver Demand->Normal->Engine" table. I saw that I had only increased the last four columns by 15% or so, and didn't move the progression any further forward than that. I trickled the power down to the 25% throttle range, and it made a HUGE difference in the drivability/cruise range. The car feels like a beast now. I still have more to fine tune (some tip-in knock, some fuel trim MAF tuning), but the customer is happy with the feel of the car. I disabled MP's 0-13 due to where it normally references IMRC's closed, and started tuning from MP 14-up. I really haven't even played with cam timing at this point.2019 GT Procharged A10_ Driver Demand3.hpt Demand 3_3 knock.hpl
    Curious did this ever get figured out?