Thread: 18 Silverado Dod disable

Tuner in Training

18 Silverado Dod disable

I got a buddy that has a 18 model Silverado and wants the dod turned off is there anything beside the 4 credits needed to do this?. does the pcm need to be sent in or anything? I have done the older models and this is the 1st newer one.

No, that is it.
    2016 Silverado CCSB 5.3/6L80e, not as slow but still heavy.

If you don't post your tune and logs when you have questions you aren't helping yourself.

Senior Tuner
    You will have to have internet available in order to read the 18 model. On your first attempt to read it, You may get a message to retry the read in 15 minutes. That's pretty typical. Just wait a few minutes and try again. (Although my last few have gone through on the first try.)

Tuner in Training
    ok thanks guys

Quote Originally Posted by flamingvert1989 View Post
    I got a buddy that has a 18 model Silverado and wants the dod turned off is there anything beside the 4 credits needed to do this?. does the pcm need to be sent in or anything? I have done the older models and this is the 1st newer one.
    disabling DOD will help reducing fuel consumption on freeway cruse ?
    Last edited by small tuner; 09-11-2020 at 05:11 AM.
    Turbocharged COYOTE

PM for E tune / Remote Tuning
    [email protected]

Not by much if at all in some cases.

I can still get 22-23mpg pretty easy with it off when just cruising at 65mph.

If you don't post your tune and logs when you have questions you aren't helping yourself.

Not to high Jack thread lol but 2020 ecu has to sent in even to just do dfm delete right?

Yeah, you need a new computer from HP Tuners. Total cost is about $1,900, so not cheap.

Wow just to delete dfm that break a man lol. Range has nothing insight yet? I’d like the hptuners route but dunno if it’s going to happen on this truck like all my previous ones I used hptuners on.

Range might have something, check their site and other forums for more information.

Will do I’ll check it out. Dfm is way better then the afm my last truck had but with my exhaust and intake it makes it way to prominent for me. I can hear and feel when it’s doing it. And one would think it would give the lifters longer life with it deactivated.

Tuner in Training
    I got 22-23 mpg prior to putting a super charger on which i still get 21-22 mpg on the highway. That comment about getting less mileage is an old wives tail...sorry but it is

Tuner in Training
    I did not like the AFM route for my 2018 truck when I got it...the device kept throwing codes and AFM told me that is normal operation and to ignore them. I returned it immediately. Yes using HPTuners can be expensive (i prefer HPTuners now) but you can get a diablo or other hand held tuners to do just that part. As soon as I returned the AFM device I bought the diablo and deactivated DOD. With no impact to my mileage.