Thread: 2007 5.7L Tundra - Rough Running with HPT Provided File

Potential Tuner

2007 5.7L Tundra - Rough Running with HPT Provided File

Hello, I have been dabbling in tuning for a few years and recently decided to buy credits for my wife's Tundra (2007 5.7L Limited 4WD) to correct her speedometer. I was a bit hesitant at first because I couldn't read the file on the truck using HPT (as I've discovered is normal for the Toyotas), and I highly prefer to have the actual stock file to flash back to. HPT provided the virtual "stock file." I applied my speedometer changes and flashed the file to the truck. When I started it, I immediately noticed how rough it was running (the engine lightly shaking the cab and it will sometimes stall immediately after starting, likely due to running too lean). No CEL on but it is running very lean (+20% STFT at idle and seems like across the range). I have not done much data logging yet because it is so lean and I'm a bit concerned with how rough it is idling. The truck has around 300,000 miles and was running very smoothly prior to my initial flash. I do not know if a previous owner had ever tuned it or not. We've owned the truck for over a year and have put a lot of miles on it. I regrettably did not datalog prior to flashing the ECU, so I do not have evidence showing it was or was not running lean prior. It was certainly running smoothly, however.

I referenced the "Toyota Tune Repository" post and found similar trucks' (a 2008 Tundra TRD 5.7L & 2009 Tundra 5.7L) tune files. I copied differences between files to update my tune to the 2008 tune. It runs the same as the 2007 virtual tune.

Does anyone have a tune file for a stock 2007 Tundra Limited 5.7L 4WD that they're running and it runs well? I would like to find one to try using the values out of.

Finding a tune file that someone is running reliably would be the simple route that I'm hoping for because the truck is a daily driver and a road trip machine. I recognize the road trips provide good opportunity for data logging, but I don't think my wife will enjoy all the stops to refine the tune.

Any additional ideas, feedback, and support would be greatly appreciated. Thank you!
    Last edited by dr.lloyd; 21 Hours Ago at 12:19 AM.