Thread: Throttle is closing

Tuner in Training

Throttle is closing

My TB is closing on me hitting some limit I assume it's my virtual torque table, but I am a newbie to all of this. Here are my logs.

Few other issues, adding numbers to the VE table, I did the whole copy and paste multiply by half and my fueling got worse. When you add numbers into the VE table you're adding fuel correct?

Aem wideband 30-0334, I can get it to read with WB EQ Ratio 1 (SAE) and not using the specific aem pids.

Throttle body seems to be way higher than the accelerator.

Car is on E85

2013 Cruze
    Attached Files Attached Files

Can't view the tune...

"Unable to open file.
    This file is part of a Remote Tuning network you are not part of."

Tuner in Training
    How do i fix that ?

Tuner in Training
    Sorry i didn't know I did that. I am a total newbie to all of this.

I think my problem is my engine tq is going over my predicted engine tq command. But again I got no clue.

actual boost is higher than desired, thats why it's closing

Tuner in Training
    Thanks I will look into it. So if anything actual e.g (engine) (boost) is higher than desired it will limit the engine? Cause it also seems my engine torque and predicted torque commanded was off as well.

Tuner in Training
    I was able to raise the desired boost with the boost test enabled and setting it to 40, but it is still closing the throttle body

can you post the stock file as well and name all the hardware mods you already did... i think your tune is just way off.

or you messed up your VE... I NEVER touched any VE table on those ecus, it was just never necessary

Tuner in Training
    Yea that is what I don't get is some people say leave VVE alone and some say you have to modify it. I have moved DD and VVE everywhere and cannot seem to pin point it. I have a stock tune with updated injector settings and the throttle still wants to close, just not as pronounced. It has a ported intake, catless down pipe, larger 42 cc injectors E85/91 and throttle body spacer. AEM wideband if that matters. I watched goat rope garage and he was saying his engine torque was higher that his immediate commanded and he raised his VVE, so I tried that and It still didn't seem to work.

Tuner
    this is my tune 2014 cruz. throttle stays open. max boost is 21psi. rips really good. use it to compare to yours.
    2010 /2SS/Long Tubes/ Magnaflow axle back/LSA Conversion/ 2 bar OS running / Stock Blower Pulley...for now

had a look at both of your files:

set all VVE changes back to stock!
    you set your Overspeed limit down...set it to 2 to have it out of range.
    set your pressure ratio max to 3 flat.
    you raised Base DC pretty much, set it back to stock! thats your reason for your overshoot/throttle closure.
    set surge limit out of range (3.2 flat)

torque limits are set a little high, the engine would never reach it, but you can leave it for the moment
    DD is little high as well, car will never reach 200kW target on stock turbo.
    same with boost max limit ( i like to have it as a real safety limiter at a point which would save my engine)
    pressure delta factor: i've seen it causing troubles on some OS when set too high, 1,25 should be all sufficient.
    knock airmass is a little high as well for stock turbo.

also i've seen some consistent knock in your tune, log knock scaler also, if this is learned down, ecu will only target the low airmass from knock airmass table.,

i highly would advise to tune PE enrichment when tuning, stock way too lean until cat overtemp kicks in, then to rich, lambda target ( sorry german ) 0.8 is a good starting point, also set deley rpm to 2200 and delay trq to 20%, should be ok then.
    modify COT to your liking or disable it.

and last off all, because you said you have a ported intake: did you do any modification to MAF Piping, Air Filter MAF housing; intake pipe, if yes tune your MAF right, this can have a HUGE effect when wrong
    Last edited by dertobi; 09-18-2020 at 02:01 AM.