Thread: 2014 Corvette Stingrey 6.2L Tune

Potential Tuner

2014 Corvette Stingrey 6.2L Tune

Hello Guys,

I?n new here and also new to HP Tunner...
    I?m portuguese, but i live in Mexico and i?m learning about ECU/ECM/TCM Tune, programming and other stuff related to Car Electronics... (i?m still a Very Newbie, so please dont be to hard on me...)
    I would like to know if anyone can help me out with a tune for a 2014 Corvette with a 6.2L engine...

I have MPVI2 and i read today this ECU/ECM.
    I?ve been seeing some tutorial videos, but i need some Guru/Experts that can Help me out so that i can do this Tune the best possibe way...
    This would be my first tune and i need it to be Perfect...
    Also i would like to start learning the main areas to tune using HPtuner.
    The car is in the bodyshop and was without wheels, so i made a log with the car running liffted... I know its not the same, but like i wrote above, i?m still learning so dont be hard on me...

If anyone can help me out i would really appreciate...

Thank You all...

Senior Tuner SultanHassanMasTuning's Avatar
    any modification done to the car?

i recall mexico gas quality in octane is pretty bad
    Follow @MASTUNING visit www.mastuned.com
    Remote Tuning [email protected]
    Contact/Whatsapp +966555366161

Potential Tuner
    Quote Originally Posted by SultanHassanMasTuning View Post
    any modification done to the car?

i recall mexico gas quality in octane is pretty bad
    Hello there...

No, the car is Stock... Basically what we want is a Stage 1 Tune...
    The only thing that would be changed will be the exhaust "boxes" on the back...
    Yes, gas quality here is Very Very Bad... (i want to use another word but i would be banned here...)
    They sell 89 and 92 octanes, but i doubt on the actual real octane values...
    anyway, its what we have here...

With poor quality fuel, there will be no power gain from tuning. You will need to drive the car on the road or a dyno and be able to perform heavy acceleration with a wideband air/fuel gauge to see where the timing and fuel are. The only thing you could do now would be to turn off some of the torque management under the torque management tab. This will make the throttle response slightly better. Learning ecu tuning on this platform will be very difficult. The direct injection LT platform is far more advanced the previous generations. Do you have an automotive electronics background or worked with any 12 volt control systems before?

Potential Tuner
    Quote Originally Posted by 32vape View Post
    With poor quality fuel, there will be no power gain from tuning. You will need to drive the car on the road or a dyno and be able to perform heavy acceleration with a wideband air/fuel gauge to see where the timing and fuel are. The only thing you could do now would be to turn off some of the torque management under the torque management tab. This will make the throttle response slightly better. Learning ecu tuning on this platform will be very difficult. The direct injection LT platform is far more advanced the previous generations. Do you have an automotive electronics background or worked with any 12 volt control systems before?
    About the Wideband air/fuel gauge, is there anyway to put that in HPT scanner, or do i really need to get some of those external gauges?
    I saw some videos about making modds to the PowerEnrichement Maps that could help a lot, but i?m not sure...
    About the car electronics, i think i can say i have some knowlage mainly on the ECU/ECM/TCM/Dash/Keys programming (to fix car starting or running issues and also Modules replacment when they are faulty), . I?ve been working with this almost 2years now, and i just setup my small toolshop and i?m learning all i can, when i can...
    As for the ECU/ECM/TCM maps programming or tunes, this is where i?m starting to learn.
    I was able to get some tuned files here from the forum from a same model but its from a manual gear box, and this is an automatic gear box, so i?m pretty sure some of the settings will not work...
    Anyway, i downloaded those files just to try and compare them and see where could the changes be made and understand a bit more (of couser i will need to do some reserach on all of those parameter tabs to understand a bit more...
    Normally i have a friend in portugal that it?s a tunner and he is been working on this for more than 10years, but he works on a different software, and the files are allways ".bin" files when we read... Also he has more experience with Turbo Engines (mainly diesel) from the europeen market...
    I like HPT because of the GUI software and i think that for me to learn now, is far more intuitive / easier to understand what is what and what can be done...

Anyway, i will be looking into this in my free times and i?m trying to get all info as possible.
    I really appreciate all the support...
    Thanks

If you get a pro link cable from hp tuners you can input a wideband into the mpvi 2. You will need to at least remove the catalytic converters to see some power gain, especially if you have poor fuel quality. I wouldn't just blindly copy data from another file. You will need to get the car on the road and load it with a wideband hooked up.

Potential Tuner
    Quote Originally Posted by 32vape View Post
    If you get a pro link cable from hp tuners you can input a wideband into the mpvi 2. You will need to at least remove the catalytic converters to see some power gain, especially if you have poor fuel quality. I wouldn't just blindly copy data from another file. You will need to get the car on the road and load it with a wideband hooked up.
    Thanks.
    I'm not planning to copy data from one file to the other. I just want to see the main areas that we can change and try to understand a bit how things work (if i can understand on my own)...
    About removing the Cats that i need to check because the owner told me the car doesn't have cats from factory. I don't think so, but i need to check that out...