Thread: SD TUNE on 6.0 edelbrock supercharger 2.3L stage 3 btr cam

Potential Tuner

SD TUNE on 6.0 edelbrock supercharger 2.3L stage 3 btr cam

can someone help me check my file on my 6.0 ly6 SD tune I've been struggling tu make it run its getting better already but, when the truck is cold from not being used it cranks but won't start until the second time, cranks up, fires up, but shuts down again I have tu give a slight push to the gas pedal to make it run on its own and after that it starts just fine. And since its a fast big mouth 92mm cable TB I opened the TB blade 1/4 of a turn, and it appeared to work better, but not yet from a morning cold start. When it gets used around town it'll start right up and I can leva it for more than an hour parked and it'll start like a chap on first crank. I already moved the friction initial table, start up cranking table, i don't know if it's problem on my VE table that I have to keep adjusting but I would love to make my truck run how its ment to run. I've been loving the result, but I would like someone to tell me my mistakes since I'm a beginner tuner. I'm learning with The Tunning School books but haven't take the classes yet. I would appreciate some help. Thanks in advance.
    Last edited by Boosted_javi; 09-11-2020 at 11:57 AM.

You forgot to post the tune
    2000 Camaro SS 2015 L83 port injected, Whipple 3.0, 4L80E, 8.8 Ford
    2013 Silverado 5.3, 6L80k 8.8

Potential Tuner
    1987 silverado SD sc 2.5map 10.hpt

I was struggling uploading my file to the page, since Im new to forums. Tell me if you cant open it so I can try again.

There is the tune im running right now sometimes it surges, but mainly im worried about the morning cold start. if you need a morning cold start scan I can upload one. If I keep cranking the engine it starts making popping noises in the exhaust pipes, then I take the key off and started again and it runs just for 1 sec and shuts off again. I have to touch the pedal a little bit so it can stay in idle. and after that it runs just fine.

NOTE this is only in morning cold starts.
    Last edited by Boosted_javi; 09-11-2020 at 02:52 PM.

Are you sure the MAP sensor data is correct---the 270 and -3 ? What map is that?
    Your VE table is rough. Did you set it up with a wideband or stft's ? What injectors? Post a log

I agree, something is off with that MAP data.

And you sure are commanding way too much fuel in boost, like way too much.
    2016 Silverado CCSB 5.3/6L80e, not as slow but still heavy.

If you don't post your tune and logs when you have questions you aren't helping yourself.

Potential Tuner
    Im running the fuel injector connection ls3 1000cc. and my MAP sensor is the bosch 0261230042 2.5 bar. as to what I found in the internet for this sensor, supposedly the MAP characteristics were;
    linear: 270.59
    offset: -3.30

I'll post a scan file tomorrow if I can. and when I take off a stop sign it goes lean and then back to its commanded stoich AFR, and now that you guys are mentioning the MAP sensor characteristics seem off it's probably what's causing it to do it. Do you guys happen to know what linear/offset characteristics I can use for this map sensor?

and yes I'm aware that I'm too rich on boost but I don't want to mess up my engine, thoe I haven't make any WOT pulls since I want to fix the idle/startup. but is it bad I'm way too rich?

Thanks in advance. I've appreciate the help so far.

I couldn't find the data for the bosch. Are you sure it is wired the same as a GM style? What is your MAP reading in KPA with the key on--engine off ?

Potential Tuner
    sc Speed Density MAP 2.hpl

There is my scan with the key on is at 95kpa today in south Texas we're at 82 degrees and I startd the truck at 5:58PM, it seem to sart just fine on the first crank. on Thursday the weather was at 68 degrees in it was when it was doing the crank/no start then crank/start but won't stay running, and now it started up like nothing. I wasn't in town so it has not start up since 2 days so its a cold start. you can see on the scan that when i give a quick push on the gas it goes lean then it gets rich, do i have to go richer on 95-105kpa at 800-2000?

Look at your VE table in 3D view. You have to get that a lot better since all the fueling is based on that table. It needs to be smooth.
    Better to go back to a stock table or the canned table from Edelbrock and start over.
    Your idle air table looks a little high to me. Your idle spark is all over the place also. You can go to the idle adaptive spark--overspeed table and starting at 180rpm to 300rpm, make those numbers -11 and see if that helps smooth out the spark in idle.
    Here is your ve table, way too choppy to run right.

Here is my Primary VE table for reference. Probably not correct for your setup, but it's pretty smooth.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by Lakegoat; 09-14-2020 at 09:59 AM.