Thread: The 411 to 96 swap!!! Wtf hp tuners

Potential Tuner

Question The 411 to 96 swap!!! Wtf hp tuners

96 2DOOR here, so I've taken the time to hunt down a 411, Gave the ever so mysterious lexmark,lucious,Larry whatever his name is his 20 bucks, called up ole hp figured I'd just get the checkbook out for them while I was at it, thinking well, at least the ole 2door will have a little pep in er step after. Repinned it just like Jesus himself told me to with his so elusive holy Grail of a spreadsheet. $500 later with HP an this piracy or better known to us as " Credits" an I'm the proud new owner of 2 8000hp mythical vans! That being said I'm guessing Larry is probably head of HP Tuners customer service program as well so I've seen some 96 swaps hell they're in the tune suppository. Can someone guide me to where I can get my 96 licensed so I can move forward with my Tahoe? Do I have to send it off is Larry gonna magically appear an make it all better? I've read a ton of the threads about the "Where are my credits" "when""why"" an everything you read on HP you know they're banking off it to cause they're stressing about how they ain't no refunds here boy. I understand the business end of it they don't want anybody double dipping but this credit bullshit is robbery ? They pulled $200 out of me within about 12 hours whether the program worked or not they got them credits an I've got a $400 software program an I'm no farther along than I was with the black box. Best part is they'll get another hundred before it's done cause my fucking truck don't have a license to be tuned. I read the post Ani went with em anyways folks beware of this program. If your a rookie better be able to take one on the chin cause just know they are not fixing to help ya or fill in any blanks. Looks like the most affordable tuner...... In the long run its not as affordable as the smoke an mirrors lead on. Any pointers on where,who, an when I can get this 411 to to have it compatible to HP tuner I'm open to suggestions.

Thanks in advance, CBR 96 2door

Advanced Tuner
    Quote Originally Posted by 96 two door View Post
    96 2DOOR here, so I've taken the time to hunt down a 411, Gave the ever so mysterious lexmark,lucious,Larry whatever his name is his 20 bucks, called up ole hp figured I'd just get the checkbook out for them while I was at it, thinking well, at least the ole 2door will have a little pep in er step after. Repinned it just like Jesus himself told me to with his so elusive holy Grail of a spreadsheet. $500 later with HP an this piracy or better known to us as " Credits" an I'm the proud new owner of 2 8000hp mythical vans! That being said I'm guessing Larry is probably head of HP Tuners customer service program as well so I've seen some 96 swaps hell they're in the tune suppository. Can someone guide me to where I can get my 96 licensed so I can move forward with my Tahoe? Do I have to send it off is Larry gonna magically appear an make it all better? I've read a ton of the threads about the "Where are my credits" "when""why"" an everything you read on HP you know they're banking off it to cause they're stressing about how they ain't no refunds here boy. I understand the business end of it they don't want anybody double dipping but this credit bullshit is robbery ? They pulled $200 out of me within about 12 hours whether the program worked or not they got them credits an I've got a $400 software program an I'm no farther along than I was with the black box. Best part is they'll get another hundred before it's done cause my fucking truck don't have a license to be tuned. I read the post Ani went with em anyways folks beware of this program. If your a rookie better be able to take one on the chin cause just know they are not fixing to help ya or fill in any blanks. Looks like the most affordable tuner...... In the long run its not as affordable as the smoke an mirrors lead on. Any pointers on where,who, an when I can get this 411 to to have it compatible to HP tuner I'm open to suggestions.

Thanks in advance, CBR 96 2door
    Lextech has helped many people over the years - he is a very nice person. HP Tuners software works very well, and requires licensing - just like Microsoft Windows - every computer needs its own license.

The Vortec "Blackbox" PCM to P01 PCM conversion has been done successfully by hundreds of people.

Your main issue is that you are an idiot.

If you don't know shite from clay, then this conversion is beyond your meager intellect.

Advanced Tuner
    Holy shit... I had a hard time reading that. Ive never seen someone not explain an issue so well. As Jon s stated its not rocket surgery lol. The swap has been done hundreds of times without issue. I myself am running a 5.7/4l80e 3500 express van file. If you could actually explain to us what your issue is maybe someone could help you. To license a file make any change within the file and try to save or write the file to your pcm. If you have licensed a file that is compatible with your pcm, then write the file and begin tuning.
    Last edited by Oleblu; 09-12-2020 at 08:40 AM.
    97 ext cab short bed silverado 5.7 411 swap, edelbrock 29135 intake, lightly ported 906 heads milled .035 thou. factory press in rocker studs & rockers, comp 787 retainers & stock locks, ls6 springs. Comp cams 08-503-8 T56 swap

86 SWB crate vortec 5.7/th350 The wife's truck