Page 8 of 26 FirstFirst ... 45678910111218 ... LastLast

Thread: lean area around 2500ish rpms-2014 ctsv

Tuning Addict
    It's a baro for max boost setting. Your baro axis was changed to decimal places to max out boost capability from the looks of it. Most people just make it straight 255's in the table, but yours had the axis drastically lowered. Shouldn't fix the problem, just something I noticed.
    2010 Vette Stock Bottom LS3 - LS2 APS Twin Turbo Kit, Trick Flow Heads and Custom Cam - 12psi - 714rwhp and 820rwtq / 100hp Nitrous Shot starting at 3000 rpms - 948rwhp and 1044rwtq still on 93
    2011 Vette Cam Only Internal Mod in stock LS3 -- YSI @ 18psi - 811rwhp on 93 / 926rwhp on E60 & 1008rwhp with a 50 shot of nitrous all through a 6L80

~Greg Huggins~
    Remote Tuning Available at gh[email protected]
    Mobile Tuning Available for North Georgia and WNC

Advanced Tuner
    Quote Originally Posted by GHuggins View Post
    Specific rpm in PE? I may have overlooked it in PGA2B's log. Was waiting to hear back from him. Short of purposely putting in the wrong injector data and skewing things I'm not entirely sure on it yet. Wish I could get in and look at coding to see what's primarily different between these and the ZL's.
    Greg, here you can see the lean spot at WOT. Keep in mind this log was from a tune that i had long ago and doesn't reflect what I currently have. This log is with I.D. 850s

2-3k rpm lean area WOT.hpl

It's a baro for max boost setting. Your baro axis was changed to decimal places to max out boost capability from the looks of it. Most people just make it straight 255's in the table, but yours had the axis drastically lowered. Shouldn't fix the problem, just something I noticed.
    I dont remember why I changed it that way. Everything starts to blend together after so many changes. LOL. I wonder if switching to speed density, failing maf and disabling o2's would make any change. Or if switching just to maf would make any difference.

Advanced Tuner
    Quote Originally Posted by JayRolla View Post
    I dont remember why I changed it that way. Everything starts to blend together after so many changes. LOL. I wonder if switching to speed density, failing maf and disabling o2's would make any change. Or if switching just to maf would make any difference.
    Nope it doesn't make a difference....lol. I've tried already. Lean spot is there even in OL

Nobody's logging (that I have seen) Air Calc Mode, but we're sure it's not that? Like sure-sure?

Advanced Tuner
    Quote Originally Posted by blindsquirrel View Post
    Nobody's logging (that I have seen) Air Calc Mode, but we're sure it's not that? Like sure-sure?
    I have no clue what that even is...lol. Care to shed some light?

Not sure what that is either but I'll toss it into the log next time.

https://www.google.com/search?tbs=li...calc-mode+lean

Greg's posted in most of the relevant threads so it's probably nothing related, it's just still bugging me that nobody's said definitely that it's been ruled out. I don't even know if a solution was ever found or not. Or if whatever the cause was turned out to be something totally different.

Tuning Addict
    This is actually somewhat why I was asking the different pedal rates at which this was happening. With the heavier pedal inputs that it seems to be happening at, the ecm will "lean" more towards the VE even though air calc should still say high speed, but different VE's have been tried with no benefit. We can try the SD patch and then run MAF to see if the problem is gone, but with the baro being separate it shouldn't matter on one of these unless it's just something in this OS which it's looking like.

Then if it's still present at exactly 2500 even in SD, it's definitely OS related. I'm not finding that many changes - rpm related - between a ZL and the ctsv that we haven't tried other than idle torque which is less negative on the ZL... So I guess try the SD OS with the patches - your thoughts Blindsquirrel?
    2010 Vette Stock Bottom LS3 - LS2 APS Twin Turbo Kit, Trick Flow Heads and Custom Cam - 12psi - 714rwhp and 820rwtq / 100hp Nitrous Shot starting at 3000 rpms - 948rwhp and 1044rwtq still on 93
    2011 Vette Cam Only Internal Mod in stock LS3 -- YSI @ 18psi - 811rwhp on 93 / 926rwhp on E60 & 1008rwhp with a 50 shot of nitrous all through a 6L80

~Greg Huggins~

There's soooo much in the ECM that isn't shown in the editor. I mean, a guess based on just intuition, there could be a table, or settings in a table, in one OS (or platform) that doesn't play nice with having injectors changed. There's people who would know that kind of thing first-hand but I sure ain't one of 'em.

Adding Air Calc Mode and MAF Sensor Sate to my channels.
    Last edited by PGA2B; 05-19-2023 at 02:15 PM.
    2013 OBM A6 CTS-V Coupe
    Mods: Headers back Billy Boat Exhaust, GripTec 2.65, 8.6 PowerBond Lower, LSX Innovations Solid Isolator, ID850's, NGK TR7IX's, Accel 9070CK Wires, Spectre CAI, SRI Ported Throttle Body, SRI Catch Can, NGK AFRM, 160* T-Stat, 0fx2gv Brick, Hard Line Delete W/3/4" Lines, FB 101 FMIC, Pierberg CWA50, Stoptech Drilled/Slotted Rotors, EBC Redstuff, Cut Stock Springs, Flat Bottom Steering Wheel
    2006 Black Raven STS-V (Traded In)
    Fully Modded: 459RWHP@5888rpm/451lbft@4696rpm

Advanced Tuner
    There's soooo much in the ECM that isn't shown in the editor. I mean, a guess based on just intuition, there could be a table, or settings in a table, in one OS (or platform) that doesn't play nice with having injectors changed. There's people who would know that kind of thing first-hand but I sure ain't one of 'em.
    Thing is I wonder how all these "well known" tuners are dealing with it? Are they just ignoring it? Or maybe they have a solution

Tuning Addict
    Like I said, I haven't run into it before - at least as far as I know except for possibly the one that I was sure I had fixed with making the injection timing sooner for ethanol. It has to be OS and car build specific. Zl1's don't do it and that's pretty much the exact same car minus some weight and features.

~Greg Huggins~

Like I said, I haven't run into it before - at least as far as I know except for possibly the one that I was sure I had fixed with making the injection timing sooner for ethanol. It has to be OS and car build specific. Zl1's don't do it and that's pretty much the exact same car minus some weight and features.
    Does the zl1 have the same ecu and if so anyway to slap that OS onto our ecu?

Tuning Addict
    Do a write entire. This won't swap all 7. Think it just gets 5 of them. Got them out of a manual 13 ZL1
    Attached Files Attached Files
    Last edited by GHuggins; 05-19-2023 at 03:12 PM.

~Greg Huggins~

Do a write entire. This won't swap all 7. Think it just gets 5 of them. Got them out of a manual 13 ZL1
    Well that didnt fix it. But I am getting some fun pops and bangs on decel and between shifts. Running a bit rich but nothing major. Also noticed I hit like 80-100tq more on this OS than the old one which is kind of strange. I have contacted a very reputable remote tuner that does a lot of LSA cars to see if he knows anything about this issue. Will keep everyone posted if he finds anything.
    Attached Files Attached Files

Advanced Tuner
    Well that didnt fix it. But I am getting some fun pops and bangs on decel and between shifts. Running a bit rich but nothing major. Also noticed I hit like 80-100tq more on this OS than the old one which is kind of strange. I have contacted a very reputable remote tuner that does a lot of LSA cars to see if he knows anything about this issue. Will keep everyone posted if he finds anything.
    yeah, please keep us updated

Have not heard back from the tuner. I am guessing he is super busy and was going to look at this on the side but not sure what more he will find if the knowledgeable people in the thread has not found anything.

I did find something new though. I failed my math and started to dial in my VVE table more and I found that not only do I get a spike at 2600rpms I also get one at 1600rpms. I could not feel it or see it on the wbo2 since I am not in those rpms much but once I saw my EQ Err log I saw the spike. I then went out and verified its happening on the wbo2 also. Kind of peculiar.

I have uploaded a pic of my log file that shows the spice in the EQ ratio, its very noticeable at both RPMs.
    Attached Images Attached Images

Advanced Tuner
    Have not heard back from the tuner. I am guessing he is super busy and was going to look at this on the side but not sure what more he will find if the knowledgeable people in the thread has not found anything.

I did find something new though. I failed my math and started to dial in my VVE table more and I found that not only do I get a spike at 2600rpms I also get one at 1600rpms. I could not feel it or see it on the wbo2 since I am not in those rpms much but once I saw my EQ Err log I saw the spike. I then went out and verified its happening on the wbo2 also. Kind of peculiar.

I have uploaded a pic of my log file that shows the spice in the EQ ratio, its very noticeable at both RPMs.
    I've seen the exact same thing. The 1600 rpm one wasn't as noticeable as the 2600 rpm one for me. My VVE logs look pretty similar to what you have shown

Advanced Tuner
    My 14 ZL1 did it at 1600 and 2600, too. But only if the MAF was failed. Once it was blended again, it was fine. In short- I ignored the spikes and all was fine once running a blended tune again. After that, I started tuning the VVE from the MAF and don't bother failing MAF anymore.