Page 12 of 26 FirstFirst ... 2891011121314151622 ... LastLast

Thread: lean area around 2500ish rpms-2014 ctsv

Tuning Addict
    Quote Originally Posted by JayRolla View Post
    New tune didn't seem to help. Maybe last night I felt it was worse and was just in my head. I'm going to swap back my old tune before the changes and see if it's better.
    Log would be best as the full corrections weren't in that one. It should have been a couple percent richer, but still going lean.

This one has the full correction. Just need to know if it's better at all. If not then back to square one I guess ;/
    Attached Files Attached Files
    2010 Vette Stock Bottom LS3 - LS2 APS Twin Turbo Kit, Trick Flow Heads and Custom Cam - 12psi - 714rwhp and 820rwtq / 100hp Nitrous Shot starting at 3000 rpms - 948rwhp and 1044rwtq still on 93
    2011 Vette Cam Only Internal Mod in stock LS3 -- YSI @ 18psi - 811rwhp on 93 / 926rwhp on E60 & 1008rwhp with a 50 shot of nitrous all through a 6L80

~Greg Huggins~
    Remote Tuning Available at gh[email protected]
    Mobile Tuning Available for North Georgia and WNC

Advanced Tuner
    Quote Originally Posted by GHuggins View Post
    Log would be best as the full corrections weren't in that one. It should have been a couple percent richer, but still going lean.

This one has the full correction. Just need to know if it's better at all. If not then back to square one I guess ;/
    Wanted to thank you again for trying to help us figure this out, we all appreciate it!

Agreed! Thank you for your time!
    2013 OBM A6 CTS-V Coupe
    Mods: Headers back Billy Boat Exhaust, GripTec 2.65, 8.6 PowerBond Lower, LSX Innovations Solid Isolator, ID850's, NGK TR7IX's, Accel 9070CK Wires, Spectre CAI, SRI Ported Throttle Body, SRI Catch Can, NGK AFRM, 160* T-Stat, 0fx2gv Brick, Hard Line Delete W/3/4" Lines, FB 101 FMIC, Pierberg CWA50, Stoptech Drilled/Slotted Rotors, EBC Redstuff, Cut Stock Springs, Flat Bottom Steering Wheel
    2006 Black Raven STS-V (Traded In)
    Fully Modded: 459RWHP@5888rpm/451lbft@4696rpm

Quote Originally Posted by GHuggins View Post

Again I also thank you so much and wouldnt mind sending you some beer cash in the future thats for sure!!

I think the change in the tune I felt was all in my head. I went ahead and built a new tune file from my original read file just incase it was a corrupted tune file issue. I have included the logs from my tune and your tune changes, along with the tune files I used. Maybe I missed something you changed so I uploaded them. Maf and DFCO was disabled as I was rebuilding my vve table from LTFT's.
    2013 CTS-V Coupe M6 - 1 7/8" Headers, 3" x-pipe, stock mufflers, Airaid intake w/green filter, ID1050X injectors, DSXtuning flex fuel kit, DMS under hood tank, upgraded pump, 3/4" lines, griptec 2.4" pulley, solid isolator, 100mm idler, reinforced brick, MM mild catch can, AEM 30-0334 wbo2, 600whp/630wtq

Advanced Tuner
    Quote Originally Posted by sgod1100 View Post
    The only thing I see in my tune (E67 Gen4) is "VE Correction factor" table under the Airflow> dynamic tab
    All that means is that HPT may have chose not to map out parameters. We do not get the reason why that decision was made, that I am aware of. Again, just an area to think about, not a proposed solution.

Another thing someone mentioned is voltage drop at the fuel pump during the spike. Wonder since not everyone has the issue and us its a mechanical issue and not a tune issue.
    2013 CTS-V Coupe M6 - 1 7/8" Headers, 3" x-pipe, stock mufflers, Airaid intake w/green filter, ID1050X injectors, DSXtuning flex fuel kit, DMS under hood tank, upgraded pump, 3/4" lines, griptec 2.4" pulley, solid isolator, 100mm idler, reinforced brick, MM mild catch can, AEM 30-0334 wbo2, 600whp/630wtq

Advanced Tuner
    Another thing someone mentioned is voltage drop at the fuel pump during the spike. Wonder since not everyone has the issue and us its a mechanical issue and not a tune issue.
    Well, maybe everyone does have the issue, but isn't noticing it unlike us OCD guys...lol. Mine started after I changed my injectors...didn't have it previously so I'm pretty sure it's a tuning issue

Well, maybe everyone does have the issue, but isn't noticing it unlike us OCD guys...lol. Mine started after I changed my injectors...didn't have it previously so I'm pretty sure it's a tuning issue
    Yeah I installed my wbo2 the same time I installed injectors so I am not sure what it was doing before. But if you said you know it was when injectors were installed than I will go with that. You might be right that people just dont know its happening. Could be a mechanical issue that is now seen more because of the larger injectors maybe taxing the fuel pumps more. Just grasping at straws as I dont see what else can be done in the tune. Seems we have almost tried everything and others have not had the issue on the same platform after being tuned..

Advanced Tuner
    Yeah I installed my wbo2 the same time I installed injectors so I am not sure what it was doing before. But if you said you know it was when injectors were installed than I will go with that. You might be right that people just dont know its happening. Could be a mechanical issue that is now seen more because of the larger injectors maybe taxing the fuel pumps more. Just grasping at straws as I dont see what else can be done in the tune. Seems we have almost tried everything and others have not had the issue on the same platform after being tuned..
    Yeah, I still think it MAYYY have to do with the stock injectors having an angled thru hole with respect to the injector body to allow to spray directly on the back side of the intake valve. The I.D. injectors do not have an angled thru hole. I'm thinking that most guys that are drag racing go through that area so fast you won't even notice it at WOT...and once you pass through it you won't go back down to 2600 rpms until the race is over. Also, with the A6 guys you have the torque converter that may mask that feeling even more than us M6 guys
    Last edited by sgod1100; 06-05-2023 at 09:59 AM.

Advanced Tuner
    hmmm....looks like they were having the exact same problems we are. I've never even heard of these before either. However, with DDtech saying he can fix it I'm still leaning towards tune related.
    Last edited by sgod1100; 06-05-2023 at 11:11 AM.

hmmm....looks like they were having the exact same problems we are. I've never even heard of these before either. However, with DDtech saying he can fix it I'm still leaning towards tune related.
    Thats why I am wondering if something is causing irregular fuel pressure that can be fixed in the tune. I do see a pressure drop but since its in the log and not mechanical gauge who knows if that is happening. Another tuner looked at my log and he said he didnt even see the issue I was talking about in the log and I was surprised as its very apparent. Not sure if DDtech was just saying that because he was just trying to get money from me.

Advanced Tuner
    Thats why I am wondering if something is causing irregular fuel pressure that can be fixed in the tune. I do see a pressure drop but since its in the log and not mechanical gauge who knows if that is happening. Another tuner looked at my log and he said he didnt even see the issue I was talking about in the log and I was surprised as its very apparent. Not sure if DDtech was just saying that because he was just trying to get money from me.
    Can you send me your log of your FP dropping in that area? Yeah could be that he just wants the cash...lol.

[email protected]

Tuning Addict
    Y'all can try messing with the duty cycles of the pumps outputs and playing with pressure settings. I did this in one of the revisions I posted, but it wasn't a big alteration. I also tried injection timing for the different spray. I still think with it being rpm specific that it's a test taking place. A lot of stupid test go through the fpcm which is why I thought the flow rate setting in it countering the injector size might fix it. You might even try 0ing it out. I know flow rate, boost and min pw were 0ed out in one of Derek's. This was my thought process on it - test taking place with x size injector only it's got X size injectors - the same ms cut will affect them differently. You might could even log exactly where it's happening at a high resolution rate for injector ms, rpm, afr and figure out exactly where it's happening to adjust those particular injector points.

I used to get 760 to the tires easy enough on the stock pumps when I was dynoing them. Don't think you're stressing the pumps on your setups. Don't know anymore on the power levels as everything I tune now is on the road pretty much except for the occasional shop tune I do for someone and even then it's an lsa swap into something older running different fuel systems and everything else.
    2010 Vette Stock Bottom LS3 - LS2 APS Twin Turbo Kit, Trick Flow Heads and Custom Cam - 12psi - 714rwhp and 820rwtq / 100hp Nitrous Shot starting at 3000 rpms - 948rwhp and 1044rwtq still on 93
    2011 Vette Cam Only Internal Mod in stock LS3 -- YSI @ 18psi - 811rwhp on 93 / 926rwhp on E60 & 1008rwhp with a 50 shot of nitrous all through a 6L80

~Greg Huggins~
    Remote Tuning Available at gh[email protected]
    Mobile Tuning Available for North Georgia and WNC

Can you send me your log of your FP dropping in that area? Yeah could be that he just wants the cash...lol.

[email protected]
    Just download the ones I posted a few posts back. It will be holding 59psi, drops to 57psi, lean spike and then back up to 59.

Advanced Tuner
    Just download the ones I posted a few posts back. It will be holding 59psi, drops to 57psi, lean spike and then back up to 59.
    oh ok i'll do that. Might as well try what Ghuggins is possibly suggesting zeroing out that that flow rate table....worth a shot

oh ok i'll do that. Might as well try what Ghuggins is possibly suggesting zeroing out that that flow rate table....worth a shot
    I will try that tonight and see what happens.

Advanced Tuner
    I will try that tonight and see what happens.
    Sounds good...be sweet if that's all it is...lol. Wishful thinking on my part though.

Advanced Tuner
    So, I was able to dig up a ddtech tune (ctsv, id1700, kong 2650, on E) and I have a question for you guys. How do these two "injector flow rate vs pressure delta" tables correlate to one another? The description just says the FSCM one is just a duplicate of the ECU one. The one in the background is from the ECU while the one in the foreground is from the FSCM. Ghuggins is that table you were referring to zeroing out?

Injector flow rate vs pressure delta.JPG
    Last edited by sgod1100; 06-05-2023 at 01:36 PM.

Advanced Tuner
    I definitely see in those two areas (1600 and 2600) the slight oscillation in pump pressure. I just looked at my logs and I have the exact same thing going on with my pressure...
    Last edited by sgod1100; 06-05-2023 at 01:27 PM.