Page 11 of 26 FirstFirst ... 78910111213141521 ... LastLast

Thread: lean area around 2500ish rpms-2014 ctsv

Okay so someone mentioned something on a Facebook post I made about fuel pressure. So right when I get the lean spikes fuel pressure drops 4psi from the desired pressure. Goes lean, then fuel pressure rises back to desired and it goes back to normal. What could cause this fuel pressure drop?
    2013 CTS-V Coupe M6 - 1 7/8" Headers, 3" x-pipe, stock mufflers, Airaid intake w/green filter, ID1050X injectors, DSXtuning flex fuel kit, DMS under hood tank, upgraded pump, 3/4" lines, griptec 2.4" pulley, solid isolator, 100mm idler, reinforced brick, MM mild catch can, AEM 30-0334 wbo2, 600whp/630wtq

Tuning Addict
    Try this one. Just made your injector data closer in the fpcm and changed some pressure settings. Might be a little rich at cruise now. Still sounds like a self check although I don't know why they would have it doing it every time and at that rpm
    Attached Files Attached Files
    2010 Vette Stock Bottom LS3 - LS2 APS Twin Turbo Kit, Trick Flow Heads and Custom Cam - 12psi - 714rwhp and 820rwtq / 100hp Nitrous Shot starting at 3000 rpms - 948rwhp and 1044rwtq still on 93
    2011 Vette Cam Only Internal Mod in stock LS3 -- YSI @ 18psi - 811rwhp on 93 / 926rwhp on E60 & 1008rwhp with a 50 shot of nitrous all through a 6L80

~Greg Huggins~
    Remote Tuning Available at gh[email protected]
    Mobile Tuning Available for North Georgia and WNC

I wouldn't put any faith in that until you also see it do that pressure drop for real on a real mechanical gauge. The fuel pressure PID is (often) not a real, raw reading, it's processed and modified and what you see is not reality, it's what the ECM/FPCM think it should be.

Quote Originally Posted by GHuggins View Post
    Try this one. Just made your injector data closer in the fpcm and changed some pressure settings. Might be a little rich at cruise now. Still sounds like a self check although I don't know why they would have it doing it every time and at that rpm
    So I tossed your changes into a newer tune I was running and it seemed to make it worse. I was hitting 1.14 at the spike with the same throttle I would usually hit 1.05-1.08. The motor seemed to lose power more and even cut out completely for a split second twice on my short drive.
    2013 CTS-V Coupe M6 - 1 7/8" Headers, 3" x-pipe, stock mufflers, Airaid intake w/green filter, ID1050X injectors, DSXtuning flex fuel kit, DMS under hood tank, upgraded pump, 3/4" lines, griptec 2.4" pulley, solid isolator, 100mm idler, reinforced brick, MM mild catch can, AEM 30-0334 wbo2, 600whp/630wtq

Tuning Addict
    That may not be a bad thing. Try this one. Put in slightly smaller injectors and raised min pw. If you can figure out which setting definitely made it worse - then....

The more I think about it, the more I have a theory on it - has to do with diagnostic routines, so if this is "slightly" better, let me know that too.
    Attached Files Attached Files
    Last edited by GHuggins; 06-04-2023 at 01:00 AM.
    2010 Vette Stock Bottom LS3 - LS2 APS Twin Turbo Kit, Trick Flow Heads and Custom Cam - 12psi - 714rwhp and 820rwtq / 100hp Nitrous Shot starting at 3000 rpms - 948rwhp and 1044rwtq still on 93
    2011 Vette Cam Only Internal Mod in stock LS3 -- YSI @ 18psi - 811rwhp on 93 / 926rwhp on E60 & 1008rwhp with a 50 shot of nitrous all through a 6L80

~Greg Huggins~

It's funny Derek Dunbar jumped into my Facebook post pretty much saying he 100% could fix my issue if I pay him for and tune and wouldn't help me at all other than to talk me down as to not having a "real tune".

I'll toss that new tune in later today. I truly appreciate the ones helping out here.

Advanced Tuner
    Quote Originally Posted by JayRolla View Post
    It's funny Derek Dunbar jumped into my Facebook post pretty much saying he 100% could fix my issue if I pay him for and tune and wouldn't help me at all other than to talk me down as to not having a "real tune".

I'll toss that new tune in later today. I truly appreciate the ones helping out here.
    How very nice of him..got to love the "talking down" part. With so many people saying they can fix it and can't. I'd want him to fix it FIRST...then I'd pay..lol. He's also the same dude looking for help a while back (2017) with his ATSV throttle closing. Asking for help/suggestions on this forum actually..kind of ironic he refuses to help at all now.
    Last edited by sgod1100; 06-04-2023 at 08:15 AM.

Advanced Tuner
    Thats why I always shoot for negative fuel trims slightly. If something goes crazy and they go super lean without me knowing at least it will be safe and add fuel to PE. I sent another email to White just in case he overlooked my 1st email. I think I saw he just had a baby so he might just be taking some time off right now.
    You ever hear back from J White?

Tuning Addict

Only one of the tunes he sent me back in the day to help him out with had the fpcm in it and it has one of the tables I'm interested in zeroed out to either hide something or cover up settings... I did a lot of conversing with Derek years ago. Haven't talked to him since then and he may well have figured it out - not sure...

I may be wrong, but pretty sure my theory is sound.

This is my thought on the whole subject. If it's this bad - even though I haven't personally run across it - then I would think there would already be a known answer either through tunes being read by other tuners, people talking or whatever.

~Greg Huggins~

Advanced Tuner
    Only one of the tunes he sent me back in the day to help him out with had the fpcm in it and it has one of the tables I'm interested in zeroed out to either hide something or cover up settings... I did a lot of conversing with Derek years ago. Haven't talked to him since then and he may well have figured it out - not sure...

I may be wrong, but pretty sure my theory is sound.

This is my thought on the whole subject. If it's this bad - even though I haven't personally run across it - then I would think there would already be a known answer either through tunes being read by other tuners, people talking or whatever.
    I didn't even think about the fpcm settings. You need an additional credit to have access to those correct? Maybe it is something in there then. Has anyone on here altered any values in the fpcm?

Tuning Addict
    Read from top of page down and yes - unfortunately on the credit question We just need to hone in on it better, but almost certain it's test related due to a particular setting due to component changes on the engine side although it could very well be another setting however I'm mostly sure it's the first... OR I may just have my hopes up and spinning my wheels

~Greg Huggins~

Advanced Tuner
    Read from top of page down and yes - unfortunately on the credit question We just need to hone in on it better, but almost certain it's test related due to a particular setting due to component changes on the engine side although it could very well be another setting however I'm mostly sure it's the first... OR I may just have my hopes up and spinning my wheels
    I think i'm going to bite the bullet and get access to the fpcm..won't hurt to have access to those settings. It's one of the only things in the tune that I haven't considered yet
    Last edited by sgod1100; 06-04-2023 at 09:26 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by sgod1100 View Post
    I think i'm going to bite the bullet and get access to the fpcm..won't hurt to have access to those settings. It's one of the only things in the tune that I haven't considered yet
    I have that unlocked. Will try the changes ghuggins is suggesting here today.

Advanced Tuner
    I have that unlocked. Will try the changes ghuggins is suggesting here today.
    can you shoot me a PM on how you unlock it? Is it just as simple as reading the fpcm file? Does your existing tune "update" so you have the additional fpcm tab in the fuel system area?

can you shoot me a PM on how you unlock it? Is it just as simple as reading the fpcm file? Does your existing tune "update" so you have the additional fpcm tab in the fuel system area?
    I did it when I first unlocked it. I think it's the same way you do the ecu. It just said you needed more credits so I bought them not realizing it was not needed. Lol

I did it when I first unlocked it. I think it's the same way you do the ecu. It just said you needed more credits so I bought them not realizing it was not needed. Lol
    Correct. You just have to read it after spending the credits. I've done mine.
    2013 OBM A6 CTS-V Coupe
    Mods: Headers back Billy Boat Exhaust, GripTec 2.65, 8.6 PowerBond Lower, LSX Innovations Solid Isolator, ID850's, NGK TR7IX's, Accel 9070CK Wires, Spectre CAI, SRI Ported Throttle Body, SRI Catch Can, NGK AFRM, 160* T-Stat, 0fx2gv Brick, Hard Line Delete W/3/4" Lines, FB 101 FMIC, Pierberg CWA50, Stoptech Drilled/Slotted Rotors, EBC Redstuff, Cut Stock Springs, Flat Bottom Steering Wheel
    2006 Black Raven STS-V (Traded In)
    Fully Modded: 459RWHP@5888rpm/451lbft@4696rpm

Tuning Addict
    Might want to wait until we confirm it. Otherwise close your current tune file - read entire all your options.

You're running 1050's too - multiply your injector flow rate table in the fpcm by .45 and see what it does.
    Last edited by GHuggins; 06-04-2023 at 11:22 AM.

~Greg Huggins~

Advanced Tuner
    Might want to wait until we confirm it. Otherwise close your current tune file - read entire all your options.

You're running 1050's too - multiply your injector flow rate table in the fpcm by .45 and see what it does.
    Ok, I'll just wait until we hear back from Jayrolla. Thanks again

New tune didn't seem to help. Maybe last night I felt it was worse and was just in my head. I'm going to swap back my old tune before the changes and see if it's better.

Advanced Tuner
    New tune didn't seem to help. Maybe last night I felt it was worse and was just in my head. I'm going to swap back my old tune before the changes and see if it's better.
    damn, thought we may have gotten lucky..lol