Page 5 of 26 FirstFirst 12345678915 ... LastLast

Thread: lean area around 2500ish rpms-2014 ctsv

Advanced Tuner
    Quote Originally Posted by GHuggins View Post
    This is your latest tune that you posted over in the injector thread with the changes. Should report correct torque with the multipliers. I also changed fuel from wall stabilization to 2. Only changes I made. Let us know if it makes any difference at all. If it doesn't work then no loss.
    that sounds good, appreciate all the help. Once I get my car running later this week I'll update everyone

Advanced Tuner
    This is your latest tune that you posted over in the injector thread with the changes. Should report correct torque with the multipliers. I also changed fuel from wall stabilization to 2. Only changes I made. Let us know if it makes any difference at all. If it doesn't work then no loss.
    So I noticed you made a whole bunch of changes to all of the table under the "torque model" tab. Seems like all of those tables were altered

Tuning Addict
    Yep - copied them out of a ls9 car... Noticed it didn't have the downward trend then the jump back up at 2800 plus it has higher torque values in the lower loads so nothing should be holding it back. I know it's unlikely to fix it, but worth a shot since the ls9 moves more air kind of like your pulley install is doing. Like I said though - I haven't had a customer complain about this stumble or even noticed it driving one in person with just a pulley of course then again I haven't done that many "just pulley" install tunes - usually they have headers and cams by that point, so I haven't tried this in one and don't know if it'll do anything. I'll try to dig up and compare yours to one the ones with just a pulley upgrade I had done. They're all under my older filing system, so may take me a while. Don't remember peoples cars that well based off of their names like I used to - stupid of me to have labeled them that way to begin with...
    Last edited by GHuggins; 05-16-2023 at 03:09 PM.
    2010 Vette Stock Bottom LS3 - LS2 APS Twin Turbo Kit, Trick Flow Heads and Custom Cam - 12psi - 714rwhp and 820rwtq / 100hp Nitrous Shot starting at 3000 rpms - 948rwhp and 1044rwtq still on 93
    2011 Vette Cam Only Internal Mod in stock LS3 -- YSI @ 18psi - 811rwhp on 93 / 926rwhp on E60 & 1008rwhp with a 50 shot of nitrous all through a 6L80

~Greg Huggins~
    Remote Tuning Available at gh[email protected]
    Mobile Tuning Available for North Georgia and WNC

Advanced Tuner
    Yep - copied them out of a ls9 car... Noticed it didn't have the downward trend then the jump back up at 2800 plus it has higher torque values in the lower loads so nothing should be holding it back. I know it's unlikely to fix it, but worth a shot since the ls9 moves more air kind of like your pulley install is doing. Like I said though - I haven't had a customer complain about this stumble or even noticed it driving one in person with just a pulley of course then again I haven't done that many "just pulley" install tunes - usually they have headers and cams by that point, so I haven't tried this in one and don't know if it'll do anything. I'll try to dig up and compare yours to one the ones with just a pulley upgrade I had done. They're all under my older filing system, so may take me a while. Don't remember peoples cars that well based off of their names like I used to - stupid of me to have labeled them that way to begin with...
    Got it. At this point I'm open to trying anything and everything! thanks again

My car does it on the stock pulley. Its just 4" airraid, 1 7/8th headers, no cats, 3" xpipe to stock mufflers. ID1050x injectors, flex fuel and e70. I dont think it did it on stock injectors. I could see a basic user not even noticing it. Just people that are more picky like us that are tuning and watching the wbo2. Maybe I will try to post up a tune later. I just hope its not so sloppy I get destroyed, haha. Just learning HPtuners. Most of my tuning experience was in the Mitsubishi world and gen 3 gm ecu.

We all learn somehow!

I won't be driving her until next week, but I will update with the Torque changes and see if that makes a difference.
    Last edited by PGA2B; 05-16-2023 at 04:40 PM.
    2013 OBM A6 CTS-V Coupe
    Mods: Headers back Billy Boat Exhaust, GripTec 2.65, 8.6 PowerBond Lower, LSX Innovations Solid Isolator, ID850's, NGK TR7IX's, Accel 9070CK Wires, Spectre CAI, SRI Ported Throttle Body, SRI Catch Can, NGK AFRM, 160* T-Stat, 0fx2gv Brick, Hard Line Delete W/3/4" Lines, FB 101 FMIC, Pierberg CWA50, Stoptech Drilled/Slotted Rotors, EBC Redstuff, Cut Stock Springs, Flat Bottom Steering Wheel
    2006 Black Raven STS-V (Traded In)
    Fully Modded: 459RWHP@5888rpm/451lbft@4696rpm

Tuning Addict
    Quote Originally Posted by sgod1100 View Post
    Got it. At this point I'm open to trying anything and everything! thanks again
    Did yours get worse after the injection timing change? Just thinking about something I've run into and JayRolla's comment with his build reminded me of that.
    2010 Vette Stock Bottom LS3 - LS2 APS Twin Turbo Kit, Trick Flow Heads and Custom Cam - 12psi - 714rwhp and 820rwtq / 100hp Nitrous Shot starting at 3000 rpms - 948rwhp and 1044rwtq still on 93
    2011 Vette Cam Only Internal Mod in stock LS3 -- YSI @ 18psi - 811rwhp on 93 / 926rwhp on E60 & 1008rwhp with a 50 shot of nitrous all through a 6L80

~Greg Huggins~

Did yours get worse after the injection timing change? Just thinking about something I've run into and JayRolla's comment with his build reminded me of that.
    Here is my tune (dont blast me too much if anything looks done wrong lol). Also a quick log with a small WOT run and some cruising that shows the spike hitting 1.11 EQ ratio at 2500 rpms.
    Attached Files Attached Files

Tuning Addict
    I "might" have run into this once before and didn't realize it as that particular car only had an issue on ethanol. If all of y'all are at lower altitudes that might be why it's more noticeable.

Jayrolla see if this makes any difference for you. I also changed your E timing slightly, but not for this issue and I didn't mess with any of the boost timing. It was just bugging me when I saw it By that engine load you can start running positive timing. In fact just a little before that. I don't know if this will help, but in theory it should as it did me then.
    Attached Files Attached Files

~Greg Huggins~

I might have deleted my last reply somehow. Anyways thanks so much for the help and tips from a knowledgeable tuner. I will toss this in and see how it does. I pretty much slapped a 6.2L flex fuel truck map for the E timing. Just so you know I am at very high altitude. 6K altitude and usually just goes up from there.

Tuning Addict
    Interesting that you notice it then. I was dyno tuning that particular car at 3400ft when I noticed it's "issue". Again it was only on E and I'm not even sure it was the same issue. It just had a lean tip in while at cruise speed and moving the pedal down more. It was also pullied with headers, a cai and 850's. Those were it's only mods if I'm even remembering it right. Only remembered it because you mentioned running E as it was 6 years ago since I tuned it Again, all of this may not make a bit of difference...

~Greg Huggins~

Advanced Tuner
    No it didn't affect it at all

Advanced Tuner
    Quote Originally Posted by PGA2B View Post
    We all learn somehow!

I won't be driving her until next week, but I will update with the Torque changes and see if that makes a difference.
    Yeah, please keep us updated. I just got my driveway re-done so i'll be able to pull my car out on Tuesday to test those torque changes as well

Advanced Tuner
    Quote Originally Posted by JayRolla View Post
    My car does it on the stock pulley. Its just 4" airraid, 1 7/8th headers, no cats, 3" xpipe to stock mufflers. ID1050x injectors, flex fuel and e70. I dont think it did it on stock injectors. I could see a basic user not even noticing it. Just people that are more picky like us that are tuning and watching the wbo2. Maybe I will try to post up a tune later. I just hope its not so sloppy I get destroyed, haha. Just learning HPtuners. Most of my tuning experience was in the Mitsubishi world and gen 3 gm ecu.
    that's interesting that it does it with the stock pulley. Now we essentially know for sure (like Greg said) that it's the injectors as the root cause of the problem). I'm sure pulleying up just exacerbates this problem too. Don't worry about your tune, most (not all) guys on here won't give you shit. I started out years ago with ZERO tuning knowledge and posted countless tunes on here and 99% of the guys were always very helpful (Ghuggins being one them)

Advanced Tuner
    Quote Originally Posted by JayRolla View Post
    Here is my tune (dont blast me too much if anything looks done wrong lol). Also a quick log with a small WOT run and some cruising that shows the spike hitting 1.11 EQ ratio at 2500 rpms.
    What you are seeing is EXACTLY what I see as well and actually the worst spike happens at 2600 rpms. Same exact rpm as what I'm seeing. I'm assuming you are seeing that lean spot in PE (OL) as well right? Because it doesn't matter if I'm in CL or OL I can still see it and replicate it.
    Last edited by sgod1100; 05-17-2023 at 07:44 AM.

Don't worry about your tune, most (not all) guys on here won't give you shit. I started out years ago with ZERO tuning knowledge and posted countless tunes on here and 99% of the guys were always very helpful (Ghuggins being one them)
    I've been tuning my own stuff for over 20 years. Back in the day I was a beta tester for the DHP Powrtuner when I was in the Grand Prix phase of my life. What I have learned is small changes so you don't mess up something. You can always learn and make changes or go back and start again.
    2013 OBM A6 CTS-V Coupe
    Mods: Headers back Billy Boat Exhaust, GripTec 2.65, 8.6 PowerBond Lower, LSX Innovations Solid Isolator, ID850's, NGK TR7IX's, Accel 9070CK Wires, Spectre CAI, SRI Ported Throttle Body, SRI Catch Can, NGK AFRM, 160* T-Stat, 0fx2gv Brick, Hard Line Delete W/3/4" Lines, FB 101 FMIC, Pierberg CWA50, Stoptech Drilled/Slotted Rotors, EBC Redstuff, Cut Stock Springs, Flat Bottom Steering Wheel

I've been tuning my own stuff for over 20 years. Back in the day I was a beta tester for the DHP Powrtuner when I was in the Grand Prix phase of my life. What I have learned is small changes so you don't mess up something. You can always learn and make changes or go back and start again.
    I have also. But new to hptuners on a boosted platform. I was one the 1st few people to push a 16g turbo to over 400whp on e85 in a DSM. Turbo was over ported to creep, wastegate flap clamped shut so it was running infinite boost. Would spike to 36psi and fall to 28psi by redline. That car spooled so hard the Dyno looked like a v8.

Advanced Tuner
    Nice....my V is the FIRST car that I've learned to "TOON" on..lol. Yeah, making small changes when testing is key. There have been a few times where I had to pull over because I got myself into reduce power mode and had to flash back a previous tune..lol

Nice....my V is the FIRST car that I've learned to "TOON" on..lol. Yeah, making small changes when testing is key. There have been a few times where I had to pull over because I got myself into reduce power mode and had to flash back a previous tune..lol
    Lol. Have not done that yet. But I did burn a valve on my DSM when I was 16 tuning without a wbo2. Expensive lesson.

Ouch! I popped a piston on my Grand Prix.
    Last edited by PGA2B; 05-17-2023 at 03:58 PM.
    2013 OBM A6 CTS-V Coupe