Thread: 2 BAR OS VE table changes are innecfective

Tuner in Training

2 BAR OS VE table changes are innecfective

I have a 2005 Silverado, 5.3L, Cam, 80mm turbo, No MAF, 2 BAR MAP, 1000 FIC. I performed the 2 Bar OS swap and now it seems that my airflow calculations have gone bonkers. It took cutting my injector data in half to get it to run around 14.7:1 and now as i tip in it will go dead lean, regardless of how I change the injector flow data or the VE table numbers. You will see a 3X jump from one cell to another in the VE table with the accompanying LOG info that shows the cylinder airmass go from .29 at 1/4 throttle to .02 at WOT around 25 seconds in. I'm lost on this one. Any help is appreciated.
    Attached Files Attached Files

Which FIC is that, clinic or connection?

If it's clinic, you have some of the data wrong from the looks of it.

The MAF dtc's need to be set to MIL on first error, it must have a code P0103 present to make sure it's in speed density and ignoring anything MAF related.

What's your fuel pressure like??

Disable closed loop and set the your open loop EQ ratio back to 1.00 (stoich) for temps above 130 degrees.
    2016 Silverado CCSB 5.3/6L80e, not as slow but still heavy.

If you don't post your tune and logs when you have questions you aren't helping yourself.

Tuner in Training
    Quote Originally Posted by 5FDP View Post
    Which FIC is that, clinic or connection?

If it's clinic, you have some of the data wrong from the looks of it.

The MAF dtc's need to be set to MIL on first error, it must have a code P0103 present to make sure it's in speed density and ignoring anything MAF related.

What's your fuel pressure like??

Disable closed loop and set the your open loop EQ ratio back to 1.00 (stoich) for temps above 130 degrees.

I know the data is off, I cut it in 1/2 as an experiment. I'll reset it.

Will the MAF DTCs affect the way that the ECU calculates airflow? Because that seems to be my biggest issue if you look at the log.

I will verify good fuel pressure and report back

I always disable CL in the scanner functions, I set the EQ a little lean to see if I could get it to run a little better at idle, ill reset them.

Thanks!

When you open a log file, look at the bottom of the Channels pane for a tab that says 'Details'. If it doesn't show a P0103 in there as a current code it wasn't in SD for that log session, and the collected data is useless.

Tuner in Training
    Quote Originally Posted by blindsquirrel View Post
    When you open a log file, look at the bottom of the Channels pane for a tab that says 'Details'. If it doesn't show a P0103 in there as a current code it wasn't in SD for that log session, and the collected data is useless.
    This piece of information changed my life. I did not know that. Thank you!