Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: 2015 Escalade Flex Upgrade Issues

Potential Tuner

2015 Escalade Flex Upgrade Issues

So I wired the flex sensor and Pinned X1 Blue pin 38 like everyone recommends for the E92 ECU. There was a wire in that terminal. Removed and placed the Vout for Ethanol sensor. Switched everything in the tune. Still nothing showing at all in the log. Is the Pin location different for this model? The tune has everything enabled.

Really not sure why it is not working. Went and put 25 Gallons of E85. Car instantly started to pull fuel. -19 on Long Term. Still see nothing in the ECU for Ethanol percentage. Using Beta Scanner. Some help would be great.

Many Thanks

Tuner
    post the tune. weird that adding E85 would cause negative fuel trims. sure the car wasnt already a flex vehicle? thats the right pin for the fuel composition signal

Potential Tuner
    Here is the tune

2015_ESV_6.2_E85_Tune1.hpt

There shouldn?t have been a wire in the terminal on a non flex fuel vehicle..

Potential Tuner
    Quote Originally Posted by Ben Charles View Post
    There shouldn?t have been a wire in the terminal on a non flex fuel vehicle..
    That is exactly what I thought. But I could be very wrong here. Anyone have a picture?

Some of the trucks already have the wiring in place for a flex sensor. The connector is down on the driver frame rail in front of the fuel tank.

Tuner in Training
    Quote Originally Posted by 32vape View Post
    Some of the trucks already have the wiring in place for a flex sensor. The connector is down on the driver frame rail in front of the fuel tank.
    The wiring for a flex fuel sensor was already there on my 2016 Suburban. I have to imagine an Escalde is no different.

The plug was inserted into a blanking receptacle on the frame rail just aft of the driver door.

Potential Tuner
    Quote Originally Posted by pisces_0 View Post
    The wiring for a flex fuel sensor was already there on my 2016 Suburban. I have to imagine an Escalde is no different.

The plug was inserted into a blanking receptacle on the frame rail just aft of the driver door.
    After doing some more digging. It looks like the schematics people have are not very detailed. I believe as well that if it was a 5.3 suburban. Then it would have one. From all my findings all the 6.2L engines did not come with the sensor wire attached.

Tuner
    I'm a chevy tech and pulled the schematics for X1 off of our service information data and it has pin 38 occupied and listed as "fuel composition/temperature input" for a 15 Escalade with a 6.2...

Advanced Tuner
    My 6.2 L86 on my Sierra has the sensor wire attached. It's under the drivers side door plugged into a dummy plug on the cross brace of the frame. I just added the sensor in between the soft line coming off the tank and the hard line that runs down the frame. Lay under there and you'll see what I'm talking about.

My 2018 Sierra Denali 6.2 had the wiring and a blank plug, I'll throw some pictures up.

Potential Tuner
    Did anyone came up with an answer on this? I have the same issue on a 2016 Escalade. I can't find the location where the pin goes. I tried looking in front of the gas tank and I don't see any dummy plugs.
    On the manuals it says it's pin#38 but there is an existing cable on there. "fuel composition/temperature input".
    Anyone had any luck figuring this out?

The trucks have existing wiring in place for a sensor. It's taped to the wiring harness on the frame rail in front of the fuel tank. You can just de-pin the existing wire at the ECU and pin in the new sensor wire.

Quote Originally Posted by 32vape View Post
    The trucks have existing wiring in place for a sensor. It's taped to the wiring harness on the frame rail in front of the fuel tank. You can just de-pin the existing wire at the ECU and pin in the new sensor wire.
    Is this true on all trucks? I have a 2016 Escalade. X1 pin 38 is occupied, but I can?t for the life of me find the connector under the truck.

Tuner in Training
    Can't say for 100% sure this it true with the Escalades, but the trucks' wiring is along the driver side frame rail very close to the fuel lines. See pics showing where the blank plug sits, and a factory-style installation...
    Attached Images Attached Images

Tuner in Training
    Should be the same on the Escalade. I had the plug on my 16 Yukon XL Denali. Purchased the sensor and necessary fuel connector pigtail and done. Enable necessary parameters in calibration and works as expected.

Advanced Tuner
    Same here on a 2017 Sierra crew cab long bed L86. I had seen some kits with the sensor and compression fittings on it to where you cut a piece of the fuel line out and can install in the middle of the metal line with compression fittings...

I then came up with the same thing it sounds that Jonblarc7 did. I pulled the quick connect line by the tank where it goes into the steel line, then added sensor and another short flexible line. Easy to install and reliable. I did have to solder extensions on the sensor cable connection, but that was not bad.

fuel hose.jpgflex fuel sensor.jpg
    Last edited by Dominatorstang; 06-05-2022 at 05:46 PM. Reason: made easier to read

Tuner in Training
    I just picked up the parts to do this as well... ICT Billet has a 48" flex fuel extension harness for $33, and I took a gamble on trying to match the GM OEM part that Lethal Garage uses in their 'kits'... found a fuel line from a 2014 Camaro (22912576) that looks like it should work. Should be able to mount the sensor where the steel fuel line mates to the flexible line coming from the tank... we will see! Between Rock Auto and ICT, it was about $170 for all parts, tax and shipping... (that includes the yellow gas cap as well).

Tuner in Training
    Here are the OE parts if interested.
    - Flex Fuel sensor GM# 13577429
    - GM bracket for mounting the FF sensor to the frame 20967866
    - Factory (ACDelco) gm fuel line P/N for connecting the sensor: 20967836. On the Yukon Denali/Escalade/Tahoe/Suburban (not sure on Sierra/Silverado, etc.), you can simply replace the short female/male connector with this female/female OEM connector. Got mine online for 12 bucks

Advanced Tuner
    Quote Originally Posted by WingsAA View Post
    Here are the OE parts if interested.
    - Flex Fuel sensor GM# 13577429
    - GM bracket for mounting the FF sensor to the frame 20967866
    - Factory (ACDelco) gm fuel line P/N for connecting the sensor: 20967836. On the Yukon Denali/Escalade/Tahoe/Suburban (not sure on Sierra/Silverado, etc.), you can simply replace the short female/male connector with this female/female OEM connector. Got mine online for 12 bucks
    I had noticed some had gotten away with doing this method you mention too. But my CCLB sierra has a solid line all the way past this section. So no place to tap in right at the spot where the sensor connector is. I would have to agree with your thinking that the SUV's have a spot setup in the fuel line there for it, but the trucks do not. Or at least not all trucks do.