Thread: MegaSquirt ECU logs do no parse correctly

Potential Tuner

MegaSquirt ECU logs do no parse correctly

Possible bug to report:

New here to the forum and RaceRender in general. I noticed that when importing a log from my ECU, that it does not seem to parse the field names and their units correctly. I am importing a log from a MegaSquirt 3 ECU which is on the supported ECU list so I was a bit confused why it does not import correctly.

I have attached a screen shot of the field drop down list when you configure the input file. Notice how the field names and units do not match up correctly. I have also attached a short log file in case the techs need something to test against. I had to add a ".csv" extension to the log file so the system would let me upload it.

Screenshot 2020-09-13 180701.png
    Attached Files Attached Files

Advanced Tuner
    Looks like the 4th line of the file has all of the units there, except there isn't any text before the first tab; so RaceRender seems to skip that unit and misaligns the rest of them.

Try adding a "s" at the start of line 4:

Time SecL RPM
    s s RPM
    -0.001 10 194

That seemed to line things up for me. Keep in mind that this shouldn't really affect any of the underlying functionality of RaceRender (except possibly guessing incorrectly at which columns to use automatically), but it does make it easier to read the column names.

Potential Tuner
    Yes, the underlying functionality is not effected but as you point out it can make selecting the right data field challenging. It would be nice if they could correct the import behavior to help improve the UI experience.