Thread: 10R80 TCC Lock

Potential Tuner

10R80 TCC Lock

I have a 2018 Mustang 10R80 and Gen3 Coyote running on a Ford Control Pack. I am having some issue (I think) with how the converter is locking. I have tried to change when it locks and unlocks with the lock and unlock maps. This seems pretty straight forward but it doesn't seem to work. Or it is locking and I am still seeing some amount of TCC slip with the converter locked. Seems like 50 - 250 rpm when I would expect it to be locked. I would really like the transmission to function like a manual... a little slip when launching in 2nd like a manual and after that it is locked like a manual clutch. Maybe this is not possible??

I have attached the current tune file and a log.

The log is not from the current tune I neglected to save that log apparently but the TCC behavior is the same.

Thanks
    Attached Files Attached Files
    Last edited by MStevens; 09-14-2020 at 01:10 PM.

Zero out your open slip tables completely and retest. You will have that 10-200 rpm of "converter slip" when it's asking for 4rpm of slip. You can see when the log goes to a 0rpm slip demand it stops slipping. My guess is it will still be there even with the slip tables zeroed, it's probably some not yet defined minimum slip modifier for things like NVH.
    Last edited by JaegerWrenching; 09-14-2020 at 11:23 PM.

Potential Tuner
    As you suspected that had little to no effect..
    Thanks for the suggestion... it is appreciated!!