Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Thread: HP Tuners VAG 2.0T Support Now Available!

Tuner in Training
    Quote Originally Posted by aaronc7 View Post
    One thing that HP tuners might be able to do to work around the lack of RAM logger is an OS patch that alters the axis' on the wastegate feedforward tables to RPM vs TIP desired.
    Are the table axis not defined in the cal and hard coded into the ASW? When HPT themselves or user defined params are set, are the axis' hard coded into the definition by value or by reference to their address in the file?

edit: I ordered a can hat for a raspberry pi so I can start digging deeper into these types of issues by looking at the rom directly outside of HPT.

Advanced Tuner
    Quote Originally Posted by ratula View Post
    Guys, thanks a lot for detailed clarification. The problem is that I'm having at the moment is I have all the hardware installed on 2019+ car (came with GPF, which I've removed) with Simos with box code that is not supported neither by Revo nor by APR (or any other major brand at all). So, I'm a bit stuck there and in need of custom tune. What would you recommend in my case?
    What is the box code? Were you able to pull a stock file for your car to confirm it's supported by HPT as well?

Advanced Tuner
    Quote Originally Posted by jasontrumpio View Post
    Are the table axis not defined in the cal and hard coded into the ASW? When HPT themselves or user defined params are set, are the axis' hard coded into the definition by value or by reference to their address in the file?

edit: I ordered a can hat for a raspberry pi so I can start digging deeper into these types of issues by looking at the rom directly outside of HPT.
    Axis values are defined in the cal and you can edit the values of course. Changing the axis to something else (TIP, rpm) is an ASW/OS tweak for sure to change what memory address is referenced.

Tactrix OpenPort is a good option as well if you happen to have one. Pi is needed for a bench setup if you wanted to go that way.

Potential Tuner
    I agree with what Aaron has said in regards to the boost control. A patch to modify axis of the WG feedforward table would make tuning turbo swapped cars significantly better since the OE logic falls apart once outside the factory models' range.

I also want to recommend to anyone starting to tune on the MQB platform to download the beta version of VCM suite as many more maps are defined compared to the release version. Biggest one is being able to properly control fuel request with the base tables that were otherwise missing in the public release.

Currently tuning a GTi with the new garrett PMAX stage 1 turbo and I really have to thank HP tuners for how far the support has come since release. I look forward to helping get the suite to be the go-to for MQB tuning!

what about patching TPROT MED17.1 so we can write tuned files

Potential Tuner
    What is the box code? Were you able to pull a stock file for your car to confirm it's supported by HPT as well?
    Box code is a ECU version basically. In my case it is 8V0907115B.

Advanced Tuner
    Not familiar with that box code. Only reliable way right now to confirm box code would be submit a ticket and ask or see if you can download a stock file for your car when you plug it into the vehicle

Advanced Tuner
    Apply code didnt work for me...

Attached Images Attached Images

Potential Tuner
    hi
    hp tuner support simos18 europe?
    golf mk7R
    hw:06K907425B
    sw:5G0906259B 0002
    thanks
    Last edited by agron25; 10-12-2021 at 05:15 PM.

Advanced Tuner
    i would guess YES, but it's hard to say without actually checking with the actual vehicle. It supports every 18.1/18.6 car I've seen so far

I would open a support ticket to confirm 100% if youre looking to confirm before MPVI2 purchase.

Advanced Tuner
    Looks like wastegate axis OS patch is working now, for a few different OSs so far

unknown.png

Potential Tuner
    I think that to read and write there is no problem, it must be the same protocol
    this is for the editing software, to know if they have the right file for VCM editor

Advanced Tuner
    only way to really know is do a virtual read and see. Editor support is pretty good but some box codes have more tables defined than others.

I've had good experience with support--put in a ticket to request something and they will work it.

Potential Tuner
    Will this work for the 05 VW Jetta 1.9l TDI bew motors?

HP Tuners Support
    (foff667)
    Quote Originally Posted by [email protected] View Post
    Will this work for the 05 VW Jetta 1.9l TDI bew motors?
    Unfortunately not, sorry.
    It doesn't have to be perfect, it just needs to be done in two weeks...

A wise man once said "google it"

Tuner
    WG patch not working once applied it does weird things and wont get into boost at all no matter which settings are induced, for big turbos Just as stated in the Simos18 FR turbo model must be recalibrated , thats how I got this Cupra R with G30-900 to respond to desired load , if Turbo model is left stock it wont produce more than 265kpa absolute no matter if 300kpa load was commanded.

Advanced Tuner
    The WG patch really only affects the feedforward wastegate position (and bypasses the turbine model stuff in the process). Not being able to hit desired TIP or whatever is going to be caused by hitting some sort of limiter. Yes, you need to address both, but not exactly related to the WG patch. The point of the WG patch is since we can't datalog the axis values of the stock WG tables, you have no idea where it's operating and makes it difficult to fine tune boost.

Anyways, glad you got it sorted it sounds like. Getting undesired limiters out of the way was one of the bigger/most annoying challenges for me.

Tuner
    The WG patch really only affects the feedforward wastegate position (and bypasses the turbine model stuff in the process). Not being able to hit desired TIP or whatever is going to be caused by hitting some sort of limiter. Yes, you need to address both, but not exactly related to the WG patch. The point of the WG patch is since we can't datalog the axis values of the stock WG tables, you have no idea where it's operating and makes it difficult to fine tune boost.

Anyways, glad you got it sorted it sounds like. Getting undesired limiters out of the way was one of the bigger/most annoying challenges for me.
    It has to be the patch , because with out it I have no issues commanding 260kpa and reaching the level that's leaving Turbo Model with factory, if the WG Patch bypasses the Turbo Model i should have been able to reach target easily , when I data log the WG position it was commanding full open which explains the non boost condition not to mention Fueling from a perfect +-5% trims they went fully lean to +15%
    Maybe this OS I'm playing with is not compatible.
    Yes fortunately I was able to get a FR for this OS and that way I build a functional Turbo Model for this setup.

Potential Tuner
    I’m trying to read a 2014 Audi S3 but no go.
    It Reads the TCM fine but on the ECM gives me a “not authorized”?