Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: HP Tuners VAG 2.0T Support Now Available!

Tuner in Training
    Quote Originally Posted by MyGolfMK7 View Post
    Is that just for this platform?

The description of the product: "Connect > Read > Edit > Write > Drive." and that for the support of VW: "Using the latest generation MPVI2 and the feature packed VCM Suite - read, write, and edit your vehicle's calibration wherever you want." gave me the impression it would be able to read the tune.
    Thats a limitation so to say of the ecu/security. I dont believe any tuner can read the stock ecu through obd2, even if you could I have a feeling it would take a long time. There really is no reason you would need to read out whats in your ecu anyway unless you were trying to see a previous tune, but most lock/block that anyway.

Tuner in Training
    Quote Originally Posted by Exley View Post
    It's Audi/VW and some controllers on other platforms. Most likely due to different security measures enabled by the OEM. The software is looking at your operating system / box code and providing you the appropriate stock rom.
    Quote Originally Posted by tomaptuning View Post
    Thats a limitation so to say of the ecu/security. I dont believe any tuner can read the stock ecu through obd2, even if you could I have a feeling it would take a long time. There really is no reason you would need to read out whats in your ecu anyway unless you were trying to see a previous tune, but most lock/block that anyway.
    Thank you for those answers.

Potential Tuner
    Does it can tune the MPI ?

Advanced Tuner
    No MPI yet. Not sure if they have plans to implement this at a later time. Not much public info out there.

And there appears to be several tables missing, keeping me from being able to really use it on my setup. Most of them related to LPFP duty control tables.

Is HPT working on this and I just need to be patient, or would opening a support ticket be the best option?

Quote Originally Posted by aaronc7 View Post
    No MPI yet. Not sure if they have plans to implement this at a later time. Not much public info out there.

And there appears to be several tables missing, keeping me from being able to really use it on my setup. Most of them related to LPFP duty control tables.

Is HPT working on this and I just need to be patient, or would opening a support ticket be the best option?
    Open a ticket so we can track exactly what you need. That way you know one of us is working on it!
    If its not broke, just give it time.

Advanced Tuner
    Ok thank you, I didn't want to nag or anything.

Tuner in Training
    Please add more models, atlas, cross sport and arteon with 2.0 gen 3 engines with 09P AQ450 transmissions. I know it's a long shot but wanted to post, one can hope!

Tuner
    Quote Originally Posted by tmoe View Post
    Please add more models, atlas, cross sport and arteon with 2.0 gen 3 engines with 09P AQ450 transmissions. I know it's a long shot but wanted to post, one can hope!
    HP almost never responds to requests to add vehicles in the forum. Best bet is to email support with the specifics of your car. I think if you connect an interface to the car, go into scanner or editor, and use the "VCM suite info" function on the "Help" menu, it'll extract some data from the car that can be helpful to them.

Tuner in Training
    Thanks i did send in the info, they won’t comment on it. I was just trying to see if anyone else in VAG community find the aisin aq450 a real limitation to tuning? In the atlas it limits boost to around 0psi 1500-2300rpm, 4psi to 2500 rpm and 8psi at 3000rpm in 1st gear so tuning the ecu is a waste around town. I can’t find one tuning platform that does aisin transmissions

Tried to read out a 2018 Golf GTI Australian 7 speed DSG. ECU Read - TCM Failed....
    Attached Images Attached Images
    2017 Toyota Kluger - 10.1" Android Custom Head Unit, Rockford Fosgate Speakers, 85kg Roof Racks. Prev: 2009 Cammed VE SS Sedan, DOD Delete, 210/218 550', RAMJet OTR, HiFlowCats, IQ System, Amp/Speakers.

Advanced Tuner
    anyone notice the max torque tables have been added? at east in the SIMOS 18.118.6-8V0906259H__0002-20160025 version im working with

Advanced Tuner

Advanced Tuner
    Those have been in my 8V0906259K file for a while now. But they are missing at least 1 more torque limiter table "Max reference indicated torque". The euro cars have a whole series of these but they appear to be mapped out in HPT. My car (and maybe other USDM ones) appear to only have this single one. I sent in my xdf to get more tables added, we'll see what happens. Hopefully they can get them mapped for the other OSs too.

Capture.PNG

Potential Tuner
    Any plans on supporting A3 2.0T 15-19+?

Advanced Tuner
    Quote Originally Posted by ratula View Post
    Any plans on supporting A3 2.0T 15-19+?
    it's supported. same box codes as GTI

Potential Tuner
    Quote Originally Posted by aaronc7 View Post
    it's supported. same box codes as GTI
    Thanks. Is it possible to tune a custom-build EA888 motor (450+ hp on hybrid turbo) with HPTuners? I have AFR, EGT and statoscope tools if needed.

Advanced Tuner
    Quote Originally Posted by ratula View Post
    Thanks. Is it possible to tune a custom-build EA888 motor (450+ hp on hybrid turbo) with HPTuners? I have AFR, EGT and statoscope tools if needed.
    Yeah, definitely possible. But not the ideal solution as it stands right now. Biggest limitation for hp tuners right now and MQB/simos18 is datalogging IMO. VCM scanner only support PID logging and you need a RAM logger to datalog the axis values of the wastegate feedforward tables, which are very important for proper boost control on these. Not a huge deal for a stock turbo car where the tables don't need drastically tweaked, but different story for a hybrid or any sort of turbo upgrade/swap.

Some options include buying/flashing OS patch to alter the wastegate logic and/or high speed logging patch, but at that point you're going to need multiple dongles and whatnot so probably not worth the hassle.

Tuner in Training
    I'll second that not being able to log variables in memory makes it fairly difficult to tune these things (correctly).

I think the platform has a long way to go considering it seems many maps are also missing - so you've got the hassle of acquiring a damos or a2l to find and define missing maps, and the way the parameters and maps are laid out don't follow any convention that matches what's in the FR.

Advanced Tuner
    For sure. I have the 2017+ R/S3 OS which is 8V0906259K, which I feel I have figured out pretty well, but other OS/box codes tend to have different limiters that are a factor, so it's been a steep learning curve "figuring out" each one.

One thing that HP tuners might be able to do to work around the lack of RAM logger is an OS patch that alters the axis' on the wastegate feedforward tables to RPM vs TIP desired. If anyone is familiar with Eurodyne, this is similar to the "boss file" boost control logic it uses. Here's an example table I made with user defined parameters:

Otherwise you need to be able to log a few particular RAM addresses. Mode $23 read by memory address IS defined in Simos18, but it requires security access, and of course each OS everything will be a different memory address, so it's a bit of work. Mode $2C or any sort of high speed/DPID logging is not even defined..... so we should complain to Continental not HPtuners here lol.

In Open source world we've basically consolidated to a few common/shared box codes to make it easier on ourselves. For example 8V0906259K (R/S3), 5G0906259L (GTI/A3) and 8V0906264M (1.8T) all share the same ASW/Calibration structure, so definition files are universal across all, even if each calibration might have some of its own challenges and quirks. This appears to be the "final" structure of 18.1/6 before they moved over to simos 18.10 for the 2019+ models.

Not at all throwing spears at HP Tuners-- this section is pretty dead, we can't expect them to invest a ton of hours and effort into it. They've added over 100 tables that I sent in to support, so my experience overall is very positive.
    Last edited by aaronc7; 09-03-2021 at 07:58 PM.

Potential Tuner
    Guys, thanks a lot for detailed clarification. The problem is that I'm having at the moment is I have all the hardware installed on 2019+ car (came with GPF, which I've removed) with Simos with box code that is not supported neither by Revo nor by APR (or any other major brand at all). So, I'm a bit stuck there and in need of custom tune. What would you recommend in my case?